thanks

• Glen
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #39383 by Glen
thanks was created by Glen
Thanks to the quick replies and the welcome. I am in central British Columbia, Canada; where stock-dogs are well sought after. There is a DH breeder about 3 hours away, so not far. I hope to visit that kennel when a little more of the snow has melted. There is a large dog-show about 5 or 6 hours south later in the spring so I hope to make it to that one.

Glen
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Glen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #39394 by verenav
Replied by verenav on topic Re: thanks
Whom are you talking about? I only know off Lynne Bruce/Heidi Gervais who share the " Hollyrood" kennel( Oliver and Vancouver Isalnd) and then Shelley Bosetti Piche/ Ironstone (she had 1 litter so far, near Vancouver)). Somewhere further up north (near Prince George?) seem to be some hunters who also do have deerhounds- and a lot of lurchers, other hunting dogs

I do not breed, but do have (currently) 3 deerhounds, live close to Vernon.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by verenav.

• Glen
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #39396 by Glen
Replied by Glen on topic Re: thanks
Yes it is Hollyrood that I'm talking about.

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #39397 by verenav
Oh Lynne Bruce is a lovely person - the first deerhound breeder I ever visited- and has got lovely deerhounds!She has been "in the breed" for many decades, came to them through hunting in scotland originally- my very first was from her line and my currently oldest is bred by her( sweet Mawu, now just abou 8.5years old) - my other 2 are "grand/gerat grand kids" of hers, though they came from Germany. Heidi joined the kennel name/breed not too long ago and I have not yet met her.

More
8 years 4 months ago #39399 by crackadog
Replied by crackadog on topic Re: thanks
There is of course Fernhill Deerhounds - Ontario? I think. Richard and Barbara make many interesting and knowledgeable contributions on here regularly, and have allowed folks to download their Deerhound Primer.

• Glen
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #39412 by Glen
Replied by Glen on topic Re: thanks
Yes, I'm pretty sure Fernhill is in Ontario. I believe I had a look at there primer some time ago. Thanks!

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #39418 by verenav
Yes, they are in Ontario- as are 2 more breeders (Judith Bowman/"Witsend" and Sheila Mathieson/"Pennants"). In BC it is basically only Hollyrood- do not know wether Shelley/"Ironstone" is planning any litter - she only had 1 so far and kept 5 of the pups to herself, selfish person she is! ;).
But, there are some more breeders to the south at least, in Oregon and Washington if I am not mistaken.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds