• Glen
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #39378 by Glen
New to the forum and seeking a DH was created by Glen
Hi
I began my research for a sight hound a couple years ago. Although I'm still open-minded about other breeds, I have put the Deerhound as my primary subject of research. If anyone can offer words of advice about the breed, please do. I have owned several dogs--as a boy, and later on as an adult. Even though I am a guy, I really love a nice friendly dog that's kind and companionable. I think I have chosen the correct breed in the DH. But I'd sure like to see more of them.

Cheers,
Glen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #39379 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re: New to the forum and seeking a DH
Hello and welcome Glen in the Scottish Deerhound forum.
I think you can find here many informations.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

More
8 years 5 months ago #39380 by WendyS
Replied by WendyS on topic Re: New to the forum and seeking a DH
Glen you don't say whereabouts you live. But why not go to a show? If you are in the Midlands (UK) Crufts is at the NEC, hound day is Thursday 7th March.
Have a look at the list of other shows on the events pages mostly they are at the weekend so easier to get to, link is at the top of the page. All deerhound people love to talk about their dogs so go and introduce yourself to somebody and have a deerhound cuddle at the same time.
If you are not in the UK perhaps somebody from your part of the world could advise you.
Best of luck.

More
8 years 5 months ago #39382 by Jacobite
Replied by Jacobite on topic Re: New to the forum and seeking a DH
Glen,
a Deerhound sounds just like the dog you want...
However.... go to shows, visit breeders... even if they do not have pups for sale they will ( mostly... ) be pleased to show you their dogs, we do...

Dave

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds

• Glen
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #39384 by Glen
Replied by Glen on topic Re: New to the forum and seeking a DH
Thanks, Wendy. Interesting that you mentioned the event in the Midlands. Some of my family came from there nearly a hundred years ago. Anyhow, I'll have to miss that dog show since I am in Canada!

Cheers,
Glen

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #39393 by verenav
Replied by verenav on topic Re: New to the forum and seeking a DH
Whereabouts are yuou in Canada? we do have a few breeders here- a good thing to to do would be to get in contact with one/some and go and visit. This is how I got started, first went to a dog show , when still in Germany, just to hopefully see some ( 6 were enetered) and then I found a breeder not too far away from where I live now ( BC) and visted, talked to her. It took me another 6 years or so until I got my first, during which I read whatever I possibly could about them....

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds