• Woorarra
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #38802 by Woorarra
New here, from Australia was created by Woorarra
Good morning eve one!

Just thought I'd make an introductory post quickly before perusing the other threads.

My husband and I were recently acquired by Daisy, now 11 week old DH pup. She is just adorable! I suspect she's not 100% DH as her coat markings are somewhat off (white socks, white chest and bell, white blaze down nose), but aside from that displays true DH traits! She plays hard, but I can tell she is going to excel in Couch Potato-ing! Hahaha. She's a delight - well the Staffy (nearly 10) thinks she's a pesky little brat, but what little sister isn't a pain?

She's extremely smart, already knows sit, bed, and no - although tests limits. We're still working on housebreaking. Poo's are no problem, but morning piddles are still problematic. Fortunately she seems to prefer to use an old carpet remnant we have in the mudroom that we just use to cut down on tracked in dirt so I can deal with that. She's up quite early playing and most mornings seem to have JUST missed the opportunity to get her outside before she goes. Well....I guess I just need to get up earlier!

Anyway, that's about it for now. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is looking forward to a happy new year. We had Daidy so Christmas was extra good this year! Santa Paws visited the doggies, and Santa Claws the cats!

Looking forward to exchanging posts with everyone!

Cheers!
Woorarra

I think I've read just about everything I can on this breed, and am so keen to watch her grow

"Outside of a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to,read" - Groucho Marx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #38803 by mitchga
Replied by mitchga on topic Re: New here, from Australia
Hi and welcome to the forum :) It would be nice if you could put up some photos of Daisy and keep us updated on her progress :) All the best in the Newyear dh:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woorarra

More
8 years 6 months ago #38804 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re: New here, from Australia
Hello and welcome Woorarra and Daisy in the Scottish Deerhound forum.
We wish you many fun here.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

• Woorarra
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #38805 by Woorarra
Replied by Woorarra on topic Re: New here, from Australia
I tried to post a pic earlier - also tried to make her pic my avatar but it would even let me try to load it. Doing all this from iPad so hopefully get it sorted out.

Thanks form the welcome y'all (I'm a native Kentuckian in Oz)! dh:)

"Outside of a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to,read" - Groucho Marx

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 6 months ago #38806 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re: New here, from Australia
Hi and welcome to the forum. If you are still having problems creating your avatar please email me your photo and I can sort through.

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

There are also some help documents here

More
8 years 6 months ago #38848 by Jacobite
Replied by Jacobite on topic Re: New here, from Australia
Hi and welcome to the forum, where in Oz land are you? we're in Melbourne with 4 Deerhounds.

Pam

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds

• Woorarra
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #38861 by Woorarra
Replied by Woorarra on topic Re: New here, from Australia
Happy New Year!

Hi Teratyke,

we just got our laptop back, so will be trying with that now. Just have to move the pics to the external hard drive first. Finding time has been hard this past week what with Christmas and New Years. :). But thank you, and if I still have trouble I will take you up on the offer.

Hi Jacobite,

We are in South Gippsland, by Wilson's Prom. Just outside Foster. Although I work in Bundoora through the week; hubby is home on the farm with "the kids" during that time. Maybe we can organize some play dates! Daisy would be rapt I think. Shes still not sure how to take the Staffy's play methods (run Round in crash bandit mode and do this fly-by growl-ish nip-like thing). Daisy in turn comes running to me, doing that ARR-ARR-ARRR thing (I guess she's telling on her big sister? Lol)

Cheers!

More
8 years 6 months ago #38987 by Jacobite
Replied by Jacobite on topic Re: New here, from Australia
Hi, sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. Yes it would be fun to get together and let the dogs play perhaps we arrange something when the weather cools down and the dogs can enjoy it.

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds