The following user(s) said Thank You: Taffi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #39063 by Trowsahound
Replied by Trowsahound on topic Re: Hi All
He really is a stunner- I am a big fan of the crosses myself and had one from the RSPCA years ago who turned out to be a really lovely boy and lived to 17 years old - and that's one of the biggest benefits of having a crossbreed, they live much longer!

You have excellent taste in dogs cos your terriers are lovely too and I'm not usually a terrier person!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie

• Taffi
  • Taffi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #39064 by Taffi
Replied by Taffi on topic Re: Hi All
Thank you 'trowsahound', it's lovely to get positive comments on my dogs :) I admit I am quite fond of the more scruffy looking dog/hound - their expressions are great. My terriers talk with their tails and barks whereas Taff says everything with his ears (up down flicked forward etc) and his eyes, the hounds are lovely dogs. I hope I am lucky enough to have mine for 17 yrs. xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie

More
8 years 6 months ago #39065 by Lurch8252
Replied by Lurch8252 on topic Re: Hi All
The best dogs in the world are crosses, we had a Deerhound/Greyhound/Collie, oj he did die from cancer aged 11 but compared to a pure bred Deerhound, he was the easiest dog to train etc. My Deerhound has a mind of his own and at times can be very pushy. He never ceases to amaze me with his boldness. The Lurcher on the other hand knew his place, his recal was 100% and he would never dream of stealing any food from our plates!
Taffi is lovely looking boy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Taffi

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #39076 by verenav
Replied by verenav on topic Re: Hi All
Sorry, can't resist- but all my deerhounds know/knew their place just as well- on the couch.... :)

• Taffi
  • Taffi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #39080 by Taffi
Replied by Taffi on topic Re: Hi All
Haha Taff would have my food, my drink and steal my seat in a second!!! And his recall is only good if I have something tasty in my pocket :) I quite like sharing my seat with the dogs, they are very comforting - I am never lonely. ;)

More
8 years 6 months ago #39082 by greycloud
Replied by greycloud on topic Re: Hi All
OMG! Taff is gorgeous :kiss: How very lucky are you to have such a stunning hound dh:)

More
8 years 6 months ago #39083 by greycloud
Replied by greycloud on topic Re: Hi All

Taffi wrote: Haha Taff would have my food, my drink and steal my seat in a second!!! And his recall is only good if I have something tasty in my pocket :) I quite like sharing my seat with the dogs, they are very comforting - I am never lonely. ;)

Yes - I have always said that my 3 deerhounds would have the breath from my lungs, the blood from my veins, the food from my plate and anything else they could nick :laugh: I too, like sharing my seat with a hound (thats if they leave me any room)and love hearing them all snoring and doing the deep sighing noises that they do after a good run

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds