Hi All

• Taffi
  • Taffi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #37434 by Taffi
Hi All was created by Taffi
My name is Donna, owner of Taffi - he is a 7mth old deerhound lurcher (lots of deerhound bit of beddy), this is my first time on any forum. I decided to join because I have benefited from so much useful advice from this site :) Everyday is a pleasure with Taffi, he is so different from my other dogs, he is currently 24" and I have no idea how big he is going to get or how his coat is going to change, he is black at the mo, with a few bits of grey coming on his back and white spot to chin and chest, his coat on his face is soooo soft. Anyway, just wanted to say hi - anyone have any predictions for his height, weight and coat - all welcome. xx

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Taffi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #37435 by Jacobite
Replied by Jacobite on topic Re: Hi All
Hi Donna, nice to meet you. Not really got any idea how big your pup will grow, but I hope you have lots of fun with him.

Pam

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taffi

More
9 years 2 months ago #37436 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re: Hi All
Hello and welcome Donna with Taffi in the Scottish Deerhound forum.

We wish you many fun here.

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #37438 by Taffi
Replied by Taffi on topic Re: Hi All
Thank you for your welcome Pam, Joerg and Yoki + Lucy. I am still trying to get the hang of the forum. I will try and put some more pictures of Taffi up, I know he is a lurcher but I am very proud that he has some deerhound in him. xx

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Taffi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elise, Joerg Yoki

• dejabe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #37439 by dejabe
Replied by dejabe on topic Re: Hi All
Hi Donna, good to meet you and the beautiful Taffi - how lucky you are. Hard to say how tall he's going to be but he's going well at 24" at 7 months - he's possibly got another 6-11 months growth. On the other hand the Bedlington bit might be a factor in his final height. Anyway it doesn't really matter, he's lovely. I've got two Deerhound crosses - Blue (DH X greyhound) and Winnie (DH X Irish Wolfhound) both are 30" tts.

Thanks for the photos - more are always welcome!

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #37440 by verenav
Replied by verenav on topic Re: Hi All
What a cute wee guy he is! Welcome to the forum and have tons of fun with sweet Taffi. I have a 7mths old deerhound puppy, a gilr named luna- and 3 adult deerhounds....Luna was roughly 27" tall 3 weeks ago and weighed 32kg- for more on both by now! Pics show with about 6mths.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by verenav.

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #37441 by Taffi
Wow Verenav, Luna sounds fab, much bigger than Taff - unfortunately for some reason I cant open the photo you attached but if she is the dog on your profile pic she is lovely. I am loving seeing all these photos of such lovely dogs - there are some great profile pictures. So you have 4 deerhounds!! I would love another deerhound type, my poor Taffi has to put up with 3 terriers and 2 cats ;) our house can be a bit mad as they all live indoors with us as part of family - will have to wait till we can get another. The terriers do run with Taff but he is a bit too much for them at times, we meet up with a lively lab on our walks who loves to run with him :)

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #37442 by Taffi
Picture of Luna has come up now. She is impressive, makes my Taff look positively little lol

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #37443 by verenav
That's what I thought- she will be a big girl, still, even a smaller deerhound would be taller than lovely Taffi by now. His home sounds great for him! Play, play, play, ther very best thing for a pup. what ind of terriers do you have? many years ago I was involved with them , namely Cairnterriers, but had friends with all kinds of Terrier breeds. Will try to attach the head shot now, didn't work out with my first try yesterday...

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #37444 by verenav
soemthing not quite right with uploading pics - lost a whole post and pic- ok, both again. Youir home souns just right for young Taffi- play, play, play...What kind of Terriers do you have? I used to have Cairnterriers and had friends with all kinds of different Terrier breeds- still like them a lot, though it seems "a life time ago" by now, having totally fallen for the Deerhounds....
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 months ago #37445 by Jacobite
Replied by Jacobite on topic Re: Hi All
I know I am disagreeing with Pam ( this is not the first time...) I would say Taff will grow another 1 or 2 inches up to 9 months or so and then start to fill out, he is a good looking boy. BTW did you know that the 2nd Alfred on the TV show "Heartbeat" is ( supposedly ) a Deerhound/Bedlington cross..
You do know that Deerhounds are addictive.... you won't be able to stop at just one..... we have 4 .....

Also hope you enjoy him, they are the most wonderful dogs.

Dave

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds

More
9 years 2 months ago #37446 by stussy
Replied by stussy on topic Re: Hi All
What a sweetheart :kiss:

I have a DH x greyhound who is 30" and 2 beddie whippets who are about 19" beware of the cheekybeddyness mine are quite norty but utterly adorable and great Deerhound companions so your Taff should be a great fun combination ;)

Id say probably a couple more inches of groth to go, just my kind of dog :cheer:

Claire

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #37448 by Taffi
Hi Dave and Claire. My terriers are Max, lakeland 16yrs - Meg & Flea allsorts (rescued from Cyprus when we lived there) 5yrs they are fab but typical terriers, yappy. Taff is completely different nature to the them, he is laid back, quiet, a bit aloof loves fuss and sitting with his head on my lap :) - but, does get up to mischief when left, shredded toilet paper etc. I dont mind how big he gets, its just interesting seeing how they change as they grow - its their character thats important. After 20yrs of terriers I am completely in love with lurchers & deerhounds. will put some pics of my terriers -

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #37449 by verenav
Really, really lovely dogs! Taffi looks ( and sounds) a lot like deerhound, ok, a "half-seized deerhound"- also the movement he has on that pic- all flying puppy legs and tail and curves....

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #37452 by feldandjack
Replied by feldandjack on topic Re: Hi All
Taffi looks stunning, even if he doesn't grow much more, he's still a looker and looks to be well proportioned. Looks like you have a cracking dog to add to your fine pack.

More
9 years 2 months ago #37456 by Elise
Replied by Elise on topic Re: Hi All
I agree - what a lovely dog. I hope you have great fun with him.

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #37497 by Taffi
Some new pictures of Taffi

Love taking photoes of him but he does not stay till for long ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: verenav, Brodie, Joerg Yoki

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
9 years 2 months ago #37499 by Taffi
Oops - of course I meant 'photos'

More
9 years 2 months ago #37502 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re: Hi All
Hi Donna,

Great pictures again with ýour Taffi.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

• Taffi
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #39025 by Taffi
It's been a while since being on the site, Taffi is now 15 mths old and is now fully grown (I think), he is just about 26" and still adorable :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, stussy, Joerg Yoki

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds