New Robin Hood movie

• happyhounds
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #23816 by happyhounds
New Robin Hood movie was created by happyhounds
Just seent the new Robin hood movie with Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchet and several Deerhounds in the first part of the film, good shots of them in quite a few scenes. Anyone know who they belong too? It was a good action film.

cheers

Ann

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #23827 by Lurch8252
Replied by Lurch8252 on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
Ooh, just seen this post. Cannot wait to see it, I wonder where it was filmed?

More
11 years 1 month ago #23828 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
Hello,

Gives a link to the film or part with the Deerhounds in the internet?

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki

More
11 years 1 month ago #23834 by chook
Replied by chook on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
Lurch8252 wrote:

Ooh, just seen this post. Cannot wait to see it, I wonder where it was filmed?

Reading about it, seems most of it was filmed in Pembrokeshire and Derbyshire.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/locations

The dogs havent been mentioned in the credits, so unless the owners - own up
theres no way of finding out who they are.

Jane

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #23835 by feldandjack
Replied by feldandjack on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
Bryns agent had dogs on this film, but not the Deerys. I'll text her and see if she remembers where they came from.

• houndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #23843 by houndy
Replied by houndy on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
It was filmed on Freshwater West beach about 5 miles from me. My son was an extra and got to meet Russell Crowe - said he was very nice :) Beach was closed for ages but we went down and saw all the film set up. They had a huge field with shelters in for all the horses - very exciting. Dont know who the d/h's belonged to - maybe Wolfscastle ?

More
11 years 1 month ago #23845 by Lurch8252
Yes, could be Wolfcastle, and Derbyshire could be Mick and Glenis's? I would love to do this with mine. They were filming down my Mums road last 2 years, some BBC2 series, Beautiful People? watched it once, it was rubbish, but it was en route to my fields I go to, so we walked through a few times, an Irish lady said "Oh what a beautiful dog" it was Brenda Fricker, she was lovely and was having her lunch at the time, I thought she was going to lose the sarnie!

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #23992 by feldandjack
Replied by feldandjack on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
I haven't seen the film but the dog in the trailer is Hunter, he is also in The Eagle of the Ninth film due out in Sept this year. He's the one on the left in this picture.

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
More
11 years 1 month ago #24183 by adm
Replied by adm on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
Well.....the one that sleeps with Russell Crowe is my girl Meg!

She got about 6 weeks filming last summer, most of it at Shepperton Studios, and a weekend away with Kate Blanchett.

http://gallery.me.com/adentonmiller/100855/_DSC5120/web.jpg?ver=12745314640001

http://gallery.me.com/adentonmiller/100855/_DSC5141/web.jpg?ver=12745314920001

More
11 years 1 month ago #24184 by adm
Hmmm......don't know why the images aren't working, but there's some photos here:

gallery.me.com/adentonmiller#100855

• houndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #24187 by houndy
Hi and a warm welcome to the site. I coulnt get the link to open so cant see piccys :(

I'm Trisha from Pembrokeshire and my son was lucky enough to be an extra in the film as we only live about 5 miles from Freshwater west beach.

How did you get your hound into the film? Do you have to join a film agency or similar?

Anyway, I bet you are as pleased as punch that your hound was in the film :)

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #24191 by adm
Hi Trish,

Getting her in the film was an extremely strange and random process......

I got a phone call one Monday morning from a girl who said "You don't know me, but do you have a big grey hairy dog?".

I was a bit cautious and asked who she was and how she knew. It turns out that she was a local dog trainer that had been asking local vets if they knew anybody with deerhounds in the area, and the vet had pointed her in our direction. She was supplying animals for the film through an agency and asked me if I had any pics.

I sent some via email, and about 30 minutes later got a call back to say "Ridley loves her.....can she come for an audition?". Sure enough, we went over to Shepperton, stood around a bit while Meg got taken off to meet the stars and ended up coming back with an offer of work for her!

The "animal people" came and picked her up on Monday mornings, took her off to filming and brought her back on Friday nights.

Apparently though, during filming, Meg took a distinct dislike to Russell Crowe which is totally abnormal as she pretty much loves everybody....

The only strange thing was that once she'd finished up the film work, she took to disappearing at nights! Apparently they had been doing a lot of night filming so she'd obviously got her body clock mixed up. She'd mooch off into the back field at night, not come back when called and spend the night presumably hunting small fluffy things in the field. When it got light, she'd come back and spend the day asleep. This went on for a couple of weeks and then things went back to normal. Which also includes spending most of the day asleep.... B)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by adm.

• houndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #24192 by houndy
wow - how exciting :woohoo: I cant somehow, imagine Murray and certainly not Carys appearing in a film. Carys is far too naughty and disobedient and Murray hates men in those flurecent jackets.

When the Harry Potter film was being shot on the same beach just before Robin Hood we went to see the shell cottage. There was that striped tape surrounding it to cordone it off. Guess who broke through it and ran up to the big platform that had been built behind the cottage? Yep it was Carys followed by Murray - so all the people trying to take photo's of shell cottage below had a good view of 2 deerhounds staring down at them :laugh: They had to be removed by the security men and I think this is where Murrays dislike of men in green jackets has come from.

Dont you just love 'em :laugh:

More
11 years 1 month ago #24199 by adm
:)

So yours hate men in fluorescent jackets, mine hates Russell Crowe.....is there any commonality in what deerhounds don't like?

Meg's biggest dislike is hot air balloons for some unknown reason. Where we live, we get loads of them flying over and they are visible from a LONG way away. Meg spots them when they are only just pinpricks in the sky - maybe 5 miles plus, then runs out into the fields and shouts at them as they pass. Other than that, she almost never barks. It's a pretty good hot air balloon warning system though, if I hear the hound barking, then I can pretty much put money on the fact that there'll be hot air balloons visible from the garden.

God alone knows what would happen if one landed close enough. Luckily, there's a semi-disused aerodrome half a mile away and they tend to put down there!

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #24200 by hairybeasty
Replied by hairybeasty on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
If theres ever another trench war she'd come in really handy..probably get a job with the M.O.D!! :laugh:

More
11 years 1 month ago #24209 by Brollachan
Replied by Brollachan on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
WOW! How exciting. Not sure how I'd feel about my dogs going off with strangers for a week at a time. I would be constantly stressing about them.
Looking forward to seeing the movie :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #24220 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re:New Robin Hood movie
Hello adm,

Thanks for the link to the pictures from Meg.

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki dh:)

More
11 years 1 month ago #24233 by adm
Brollachan wrote:

WOW! How exciting. Not sure how I'd feel about my dogs going off with strangers for a week at a time. I would be constantly stressing about them.
Looking forward to seeing the movie :)

The funny thing was, that the girl that called me turned out to be someone who had worked for me years ago who had had a complete career change and decided to become a dog trainer and psychotherapist!

So she wasn't a stranger - and Meg seemed to love going off on Mondays for the filming. She'd jump straight into the truck and go off all happy!

More
11 years 1 month ago #24235 by Lurch8252
Murphy is exactly the same with hot air baloons, he is also like it with kites, just completely freaks out barking furiously. He is also wary of ordinary baloons, there was one in the field and he barked at it like mad, jumping in and out, if I kicked it towards him, he would jumpout of his skin...barking!

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds