Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crufts 2015

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42413

Anyone going to Crufts 2015? My dear wife surprised me with tickets today for crufts as a Christmas present, really looking forward to attending the Saturday Terrier/Hound groups. dh:)
I am looking forward to meeting the deerhounds and there owners and making some contacts and new friends :) Hope 2015 is my year to finally get my first deerhound but prepared to wait for the right litter to come along.
  • mitchga
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Joerg and Yoki, Dylan

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42421

Hello mitchga,

Many fun at Crufts 2015 and best of luck to find a new puppy.

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
  • Joerg and Yoki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1397
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42425

Thanks Joerg really looking forward to crufts and finding my dream deerhound pup, All the best in 2015.
Regards Gary
  • mitchga
  • Junior Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg and Yoki

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42431

Hi Mitchga, We won't be at Crufts this year for health reasons. It will be the first I have missed in 15 years. I really will miss the discover dogs day as that has always been my favourite day, far better than exhibiting. Good luck in your search for a puppy, take your time, enjoy xx
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 707
Wigster n San x

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42434

Thanks Brodie sorry your not well , wish you all the very best in 2015 and can I say being a prospective future deerhound owner I really have enjoyed reading your posts ,found them giving me a great insight in the life of living with these amazing dog's.
Went to crufts a couple of years ago got to agree with you discover dogs is a fun place to be, taking my 9 yr old daughter with me this year who is also very keen to have another dog in the household that she can show and spoil :laugh: Again take care .
regards Gary
  • mitchga
  • Junior Boarder

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42436

I have OA in both hips & both knees, making mobility a bit of a problem. Good luck with your hunt for a pup. Feel free to contact me if you want a chat or any advice, it's free LOL
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
Wigster n San x

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42437

Hello John,

I wish you a good recovery.

Regards
Joerg
  • Joerg and Yoki
  • Administrator

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42440

Thanks Joerg, I feel it may be at least a couple of years before I am able to walk like I could in the past, that is if old age allows me to, but we will have to see. I also fear that my lack of mobility will prevent me from having any more deerhounds in the future. As sad fact but at least I am happy with my minuscule affect on the breed. Take care & Happy New Year to you & yours xxxxx
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
Wigster n San x

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42444

Sorry Brodie to read about your failing mobility gutted for you,I can only imagine how it must be very hard not being able to continue doing things you enjoy, try and stay positive and hopefully things will work out for you.
Thank you for the kind offer of advice that is something I would appreciate ;) Cheers Gary
  • mitchga
  • Junior Boarder

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42446

mitcha - As well as going to Crufts try another approach which is to have a look at the breeders list in the directory on the forum and check to see if there is one near you. If you phone them and ask if you can come for a chat and a look at their hounds I am sure any of them would agree. It will give you the chance to see the hounds but also to talk to the breeders when they have plenty of time to give you.
Good luck with your search.
Wendy
  • WendyS
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42447

Thanks Wendy that is a great idea and would be most helpful as I know from experience alot of exhibitors will not have the time to chat on the day of crufts! had a look at the breeders directory unfortunately a lot of them don't give out there location? I live in the north west quite close to Aintree race course.
My plan of action for 2015, attend some breed shows to go to crufts purchase a breed schedule and get a idea what I like make some contacts at a later date and organize a visit or visits .
regards and happy new year Gary
  • mitchga
  • Junior Boarder

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42502

I will be there !! Cannot recall which days I am going. Did qualify to take a hound , but after much thought I feel he is still a little young. So just going to enjoy the show and support some other breeders that I am traveling with. I am dad to 2 Deerhounds , and happy to chat about them, there good points and there not so good points !! Lack of room on your sofa and bed being the main one. I will check and see which days I will be there.
  • Dylan
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42503

Sorry to hear this. Wife has a 1/2 knee replacement for 12 years now which was great job. Also I encourage you to look at the functional medicine /alternative side if you have not already and if you can think out side the box..energy healers. Anti inflammatory diet is so worth doing , I have ulcerate colitis and well was a stick in the mud about diet etc, however a family member living with us needed all of us ( dogs included ) to go gluten free , Within 1 week I was have the best bowels in 25 years ! Wifes depression eased as did her pain, she is now going to go grain and dairy free to see how that helps. Torrum (Hyndsight windforce ) different dog , gluten free he is so much happier and playful. Curcumin good supplement to check out as well as MSM, with the MSM yoou need to find the dosage that works for you and not just what it says on the bottle. I hope you do not mind me posting this info, It just really got me when I saw you were missing Crufts and doubting your future Deerhounds..we cannot have that ! So forgive me for being bold and offering advice when it was not asked for, i just wanted to give you hope that there are people that can help.
  • Dylan
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74

Crufts 2015 2 years 10 months ago #42504

Thanks Dylan :)
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
Wigster n San x

Crufts 2015 2 years 9 months ago #42572

Sorry to hear you wont be there this year John.

Can I ask what time the judging for Deerhounds starts I've looked on the Crufts site but can't find it
  • Neil
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 139

Crufts 2015 2 years 9 months ago #42575

you would need the details sent out with the passes for exhibitors. I would imaging best try a post on FB as they will know on there bud xx
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
Wigster n San x

Crufts 2015 2 years 8 months ago #42593

mitchga wrote:
Thanks Wendy that is a great idea and would be most helpful as I know from experience alot of exhibitors will not have the time to chat on the day of crufts! had a look at the breeders directory unfortunately a lot of them don't give out there location? I live in the north west quite close to Aintree race course.
My plan of action for 2015, attend some breed shows to go to crufts purchase a breed schedule and get a idea what I like make some contacts at a later date and organize a visit or visits .
regards and happy new year Gary

Hi Gary

Your not that far from me, I'm in wigan, there are some breeders locally, there's one at Bolton, who should be there on the day
and there's a few from the Cheshire area, however it is worth looking round and traveling if you have to,
if you want to meet my girl and get to know deerhounds that little bit more, your more than welcome to,
hopefully i should be at crufts for the day ( no dog, just going to catch up with a few people).
  • chook
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
Jane
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by chook.

Crufts 2015 2 years 8 months ago #42597

Hi Jane
thankyou for your kind offer would love to have a chat at some point and meet your girl, it's good to know there are local deerhound people about as I am sure I will call on your experience of the breed at some point.
I agree what you said about travel! When the time is right and I have selected my line and breeder travel won't be a issue for the right litter or pup, we are really looking forward to are trip to crufts and meeting other deerhound like minded people, my daughter who is nine is also interested in the Bedlington terrier and since we have a whippet wants to visit the whippet ring ,so expecting a very tiring but enjoyable day.
. regards Gary
  • mitchga
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by mitchga.

Crufts 2015 2 years 8 months ago #42616

Congratulations to everyone who attended Crufts 2015 wether exhibiting or just going for a jolly. Please find below a link to the results with some fantastic photos from Glenis at Kilbourne Deerhounds.

kilbournedeerhounds.com/I...fts%202015.html
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
Wigster n San x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodhranlady, Joerg and Yoki

Crufts 2015 2 years 8 months ago #42617

Thank you John for the link to the results and pictures.

Congratulations all winners and placed.

Salute
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
  • Joerg and Yoki
  • Administrator
  • Page:
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.657 seconds