Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Getting a little older

Getting a little older 6 months 3 weeks ago #43606

Our Freya is now an 8 year old! ! She is still missing Murphy but is otherwise a happy, healthy, beautiful gentle girlI would love to hear how the rest of that litter from Romanie Rye and Cloanaiglen Orrin are getting on. Do you have news Wendy?
  • crackadog
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 259
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Getting a little older 6 months 2 weeks ago #43611

Glad to hear Freya is doing so well. Deerhounds do grieve a lot when their companions die,
Hope she gets over it soon.

Morag is also a lovely healthy girl who is our eldest now as we lost Isla over a year ago now. We have 2 other deerhounds and a GSD so life is very chaotic.

I did hear recently that Orin is still alive and 12 years old. Romanie Rye died some time ago.

I hope Orin passed her longevity on to her babies. Another sister, Fionnelighe that Sally and Alan kept is fine but the other sister, Buie died suddenly a few months ago.

Certainly the last 8 years has gone very quickly.
  • WendyS
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197

Getting a little older 6 months 2 weeks ago #43614

Thanks Wendy, I thought you would have news of the others. Sorry to hear Buie has died. Do we know the reason?
Also sorry about Romanie Rye- I think Freya looks very like him. I guess he must have been around 10 yrs old. Time does fly and as you say I do hope our girls have the longevity gene, especially as my hubby says there will be no more dogs. We have no Family close by to look after them so being able to pop down to London to see the kids or go on an impulsive holiday is just too difficult. We'll see!! I can't imagine a dog free life - apart from not having hairs everywhere!
Belated birthday sausages to Morag!
  • crackadog
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 259
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds