UK Holidays

• Lurch8252
  • Lurch8252's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Boarder
  • Open Boarder
More
2 years 11 months ago #43299 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 created the topic: UK Holidays
I have just come back from a fantastic week in Cornwall, with two Deerhounds in tow.

We stayed at Tencreek Holiday Park in Looe, in a caravan. Ok, it was a caravan for people taking dogs so it wasn't luxury, but we only slept and showered there.
I was a bit hesitant at first as both my girls are youngsters, one 11 months and the other 16 months and the 11 month old does love a good chew, but I packed muzzles to use when they were left alone at night, which they both got used to very quickly.
We found a fantastic beach, Seaton, where the girls were walked for 2.5 hours every morning and they had such fun. They also came out places with us, like Port Isaac, aka Portwenn in the hit TV series Doc Martin, where every man and his wife wanted a stroke, they loved all the fuss.
It got very hot down in Cornwall, so we didn't always taken them out with us in the afternoon and after being on the beach in the morning they were more than happy to sleep in the caravan for a few hours.
Every and I mean every place we went, there were bowls of water and treats for dogs with signs up saying "Doggies very welcome", even restaurants.

So if anyone wants a lovely holiday but doesn't want to put their dogs in kennels, Tencreek is a fantastic place. It has a swimming pool and clubhouse but we didn't use either of these. It was also very cheap, all in all a 100% fantastic week away, will definitely go again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodhranlady, Joerg Yoki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds