Another pooh post!

• Lurch8252
  • Lurch8252's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Boarder
  • Open Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #42737 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 created the topic: Another pooh post!
I am so sorry, I have to ask for more advice!!!

How the hell do you stop a puppy from eating pooh. I have tried the pineapple juice in hers and Paddy's food and she still did it again today.

It's horrible, I can stomach most things but this isn't very nice, especially when she has eaten one and come in and burped in my face :sick:

I am always watching her, and as soon as she has done it I will quickly pick it up, but with the back door open during the warmer weather, she often does one when I am busy doing something and then I catch her eating it again. More importantly, she is eating my terriers and if they are both off lead over the field, she will eat it as he is doing it. It is like her life's ambition!

I haven't had this problem before............the odd time but not like this, she is wormed to date

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
3 years 5 months ago #42738 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Another pooh post!
Its ok, we had tea early tonight.
We had this too once, well the dog did.
Charcoal biscuits are meant to help, and we used those. We were just on his case all the time and eventually he just lost his taste for it.
Sorry, not much help, hopefully others can offer more.
I think it was these we used.

More
3 years 5 months ago #42741 by Bodhranlady
Bodhranlady replied the topic: Another pooh post!
It's just what they do. Remember, they don't find it revolting (obviously). Pup will get over it - mostly!

More
3 years 5 months ago #42743 by maggiemac
maggiemac replied the topic: Another pooh post!
You can buy tablets over the counter in most good pet shops or from your vet, it will make it unpalatable. Think about the pups diet, are there lots of undigested "tasty" bits still visible in the faeces?
I have only seen this in pups who are late leaving the litter, they have watched mum clear up after her puppies and they feel they should do this too! It might pass, but chances are the pup will keep doing it now and again.
It wont do the pup much harm but its a habit hard to watch, called copraphagia (my spelling might not be quite right).

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds