Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I hope everyone is safe

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41800

I hope that all members of the forum and their hounds are safe and warm. What with hurricans in the UK, blizzards in the US. Although we have had fairly strong winds and a lot of rain we seem to have missed the worst of the weather in the west of Scotland. Some of the photos of flooded houses and massive waves on the BBC news pages are horrendous. There has been something like 80,000 people without power in England and Wales.
Keep safe
Wendy and the girls in Kintyre :) :)
  • WendyS
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg and Yoki, greycloud

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41802

Same from us in Pembrokeshire, Wales. It was very rough yesterday and there are a lot of trees down. Went to the beach yesterday afternoon and the sea was like it was boiling with huge waves.

We are very lucky in comparison to other areas.
  • greycloud
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 158
The following user(s) said Thank You: WendyS

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41803

If only we could even up the weather for everybody. The heatwave has subsided a bit in the South East of Australia but not after a weekend of bushfires, that destroyed about 50 houses and upset lots of people. Flashbacks to 2009, when we had some of the worst bushfires here, with 175 people killed.
  • Laird
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41804

How awful - fire like that must be terrifying ! Be safe dh:)
  • greycloud
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 158

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41806

We live close to Datchet and Staines (-upon Thames, or should that be -in-Thames) but luckily no serious flooding here.....not that Mr Yalla would agree. The garden has more of a natural lake feel about it and Yalla just stands on the back doorstep looking out at it, looking back to me, looking up at the rain clouds, back to the lake and back to me...."really Mum, you can do what you want but I'm not setting foot outside"!. He also tries to dance around all the puddles on our walks through Windsor forest and sometimes just stops and looks sad (like only a DH can) because it's not quite perfect for him - too dark, too windy and too wet!

However, a quick cuddle from me and a kiss on the nose gets him moving again.

I do wonder what we would do if we had to evacuate....how many places/friends would be happy/have the room for a big DH boy?

Good luck everyone!
  • BethC
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41807

Good idea to even things up a bit. If only we could.

We were on the beach this morning before this latest storm set in. The girls had a wonderful time as it was windy but dry. They seem to get skittish in windy weather rather like horses do and run twice as fast doing "zoomies". We have still been lucky as we have missed the worst of it again.
  • WendyS
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197

I hope everyone is safe 3 years 11 months ago #41819

Here in Watford, the River Colne has burst its banks, for us, the usual roads have been under water, one being Water Lane! It was called that for a reason, but they still decided to build a Premier Inn and a Tesco on the site!! The local childrens ball pit place has had to close, it had a meter of water in it, ruining all the soft play areas, such a shame. The same cottages that flood every year have also flooded. Weve also had lots of trees down, some that are huge ancient trees. But, here in Bushey there hasn't been much to write home about, no serious flooding like the poor people of Somerset. Wet gardens are a pain with muddy paws, but next year I have decided to put a large gate in, stopping dogs from going on the 'dogs garden' I am not sure why I never thought of it before, what a dingbat, all the years of having to wash and dry big muddy paws!!!
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds