Dog friendly holiday locations - UK

• BethC
  • BethC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #41658 by BethC
BethC created the topic: Dog friendly holiday locations - UK
Hi all - does anyone have any recommendations about self-catering holidays in the north of England (Cheshire, Derbyshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire etc) that would be happy to accept 2 dogs (and 4 humans)....? I'm going dizzy looking at websites that only allow 1 dog, or don't mention if gardens are enclosed.

Any suggestions gratefully received! Sorry if this has already been covered on the Forum, I did a search and couldn't find anything, but that might be because I've overdosed on internet searching this evening!

Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #41659 by WendyS
WendyS replied the topic: Dog friendly holiday locations - UK
The dogs trust website has a link to Welcome Cottages. You can search for dog friendly self catering, you can search for 3 dogs and enclosed gardens as well. We have 3 hounds and have found several cottages that will take us.

Good hunting

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #41666 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: Dog friendly holiday locations - UK
we have stayed here with our 4 before...
http://oldpiggery.co.uk/
we stayed in the piggery, its small but in a lovely spot :) Tideswell is a lovely village and the café is very dog friendly too :)

and for a good value basic pub stay I stayed here with one of mine in May, and they were happy to take all my 4 if I wanted to go back, excellent grub too B)
http://www.thesnakepassinn.co.uk/accommodation/

We stayed in the upstairs right hand side barn room, it was more like a mini apartment had a double and a twin room, nothing posh, but perfect for a cosy crash out after long walks, and a sofa for finn :) the staff were so lovely and finn spent the evening crashed in the middle of the bar in front of the fire while I had my dinner and read a book :laugh: im hoping to get back up there very soon as I loved it B)
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by stussy.

More
4 years 3 months ago #41667 by stussy
Ps theres also a few on sykes cottages which will take more than one, takes a bit of trawling tho ;)

oh and forgot this place, stayed here with 4 as well, really really nice :)

http://www.springhousefarmcottages.co.uk/cottage2.html

• BethC
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #41675 by BethC
BethC replied the topic: Dog friendly holiday locations - UK
Hi Stussy - great recommendations, thank you so much.

We've booked ourselves into the other cottage next to the Old Piggery, but it looks fab and we'd have never have found it!

Sykes did have some cottages,but they were in northern Cumbria and Northumberland - both a bit far away for us.

Many thanks again! dh;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stussy

More
4 years 3 months ago #41679 by stussy
is that welyarde? The garden is amazing :) there are loads of walks straight from the village, but one of my favourite walks in the area is to park at millers dale station about 2 miles away and walk towards buxton. its stunning :)

Have a lovely time, I honestly cant recommend the cottages enough, hope your hounds enjoy the fish biccies which are normally left for them ;)

More
4 years 3 months ago #41680 by stussy
PS if you head up as far as snakes pass, the snakes pass inn does excellent pub grub and is very hound friendly ;) as is the bulls head in castleton :)

The chippy in tideswell is pretty good too .... I love the area, I hope you have a lovely time :)

Im now looking for a break up there myself :laugh:

• BethC
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #41682 by BethC
Hi - yes we've booked into Welyarde. Can't wait...it will be our first proper break with the boys (although they have stayed at relatives overnight) and we'll be meeting my new niece/nephew who will have been born a couple of weeks before. I'm mainly looking forward to lovely walks (and pub lunches to help us get back!).

Many thanks again.....No doubt we'll put some photos up when we come back.

• BethC
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
3 years 11 months ago #42001 by BethC
Stussy - just back from an Easter break at Welyarde (the sister cottage to The Old Piggery) and can't thank you enough for the recommendation...it was fantastic (great weather too). Will definitely be back to The Old Piggery when it's just husband, dogs and I rather than a gaggle of teen and pre-teen step kids too! If anyone else is looking for dog friendly cottage do have a look at Welyarde or The Old Piggery.

Thanks again Stussy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stussy

More
3 years 11 months ago #42012 by stussy
:cheer:
Excellent, its a lovely area, and the cottages are just perfect for hounds, just a shame they get booked up so quick!! it took me a long time to find somewhere really dog friendly to stay in ! (we stayed in the piggery with the 3 we had at the time mrs T a deerhound and a collie and bedlington pup!
So pleased you had a lovely time, I must get up there again soon, its nearly been a year since my last visit and im getting peak district withdrawral :laugh:

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.636 seconds