storms

• greycloud
  • greycloud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
4 years 8 months ago #41064 by greycloud
greycloud created the topic: storms
Well, the forecasted storm has started here. Hounds all whinging to go out but as soon as I opened the van door they jumped out and then jumped back in again! I told the 'you all wanted to go out so out you will go' :woohoo

How are other hounds in this weather?

I hope everyone keeps safe and not too much damage is done by this storm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #41068 by Neil
Neil replied the topic: storms
Finn is nicely curled up on the sofa listening to the wind and rain. I think the late night wee walk could be entertaining tonight :laugh:

• greycloud
  • greycloud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
4 years 8 months ago #41076 by greycloud
greycloud replied the topic: storms
have just taken my lot to the beach - it's really rough and wild. We climbed a high sand dune and I actually got blown over. Of course, the dogs thought it would be huge fun to pounce on me dh:) Goodness knows what other people thought but we had great fun. There is no better sight than a deerhound or 4 standing on top of a sand dune with the wind whipping through their fur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
4 years 8 months ago #41078 by KimC
KimC replied the topic: storms
The storm started here at noon. We used the one extra hour of this day to make a nice long walk in the foret in the morning, and were home half an hour before the storm started.
Took a nice nap at noon to catch up the extra hour - the dogs woke at the normal time - nice, to cuddle with warm dogs when the storm and rain is pouring outside..

More
4 years 8 months ago #41079 by BethC
BethC replied the topic: storms
Whereabouts in the UK are you KimC? I've just come back from a walk in Berkshire and the wind was really strong, not enough to blow me over but felt a bit like Buster Keaton!

More
4 years 8 months ago #41080 by KimC
KimC replied the topic: storms

BethC wrote: Whereabouts in the UK are you KimC? I've just come back from a walk in Berkshire and the wind was really strong, not enough to blow me over but felt a bit like Buster Keaton!

Im not in the UK, but Denmark. It started at noon here, and has increased since. Maximum is expected here tomorrow

More
4 years 8 months ago #41082 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: storms
Not here in the midlands yet......we hope you all remain safe dh:)

Wigster n San x

More
4 years 8 months ago #41085 by crackadog
crackadog replied the topic: storms
Happily, we escaped the storm here in the midlands. Generally it is a good place to be as the worst of the severe weather from east or west seems to peter out before it gets to us.
Hope those who were in the firing line are all safe and unharmed

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #41087 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: storms
Good to hear this Crackadog.

A storm begin now in Saxony.

The peak is expected in the evening and at night.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Joerg Yoki.

More
4 years 8 months ago #41099 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: storms
Wow, haven't seen wind like that sincde 1987.

Im in Hertfordshire and lay awake from 4am, listening to the wind battering the giant trees we have here, I couldn't sleep so got up at 6 and popped the kettle on. At 6.20 I heard what can only be described as a train roaring through my house. It was really scary. I did see 3 footballs and someones tarpaulin fly over and half expected to see the farmers cows whizz past, but thankfully they didn't!!
I had to drive up to Warwickshire for work that morning so decided to set off an hour earlier. Im glad I did, it took me an hour to drive 2.4 miles to get to the M1 due to 3 fallen trees in our village. There was also a sad case of a man crushed to death in his car in Watford, 3 miles away, so I do believe we truly had the worst of the storm in the South.
One thing that did strike me was the amount of leaves on the road, you could not see the road markings or the kerbs as there were so many leaves and bits of branches. Once on the M1, I drove at no more than 50-60 mph, for the first half hour, but the further north I went, the less windy it became, by the time I reached Leamington Spa all was back to normal.

I hope everyone else managed to stay safe and didn't have any damage to their property. Thankfully we didn't, only the neighbours fence panel, but weve fixed that for him.

More
4 years 8 months ago #41100 by crackadog
crackadog replied the topic: storms
Glad you are OK Lurch. We are only about 40 mins from you and yet had very little at all. A wee bit blowy but no more than that. Lucky i guess as I know MK and Northampton both had trees down etc.
Hope you were OK in Saxony Jeorg

More
4 years 8 months ago #41104 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: storms

crackadog wrote: .
Hope you were OK in Saxony Jeorg

Thanks Crackadog, all OK here in Saxony and sunshine today.

The picture is after a summer storm on our border.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #41105 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: storms
Glad you guys are all safe. :) I have had first hand experience of the consequences of high winds during my 37 years in the fire service. :(

Wigster n San x

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 2.376 seconds