Can I just say

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
5 years 1 week ago #40833 by Neil
Neil created the topic: Can I just say
It's great to be back. Well done Joerg for helping to keep the site going and thanks Robb for continuing. For a Deerhound novice like me I have always found this site very helpful. During the (shall we call it) Intermission, on the positive side I found new deerie friends on facebook all over the World and let's hope they join the Forum and share their knowledge and DH anecdotes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Joerg Yoki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #40834 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: Can I just say
Welcome back Neil & I agree well done to both Joerg & Robb. As you mention media sites, I wonder if the rise in their popularity are the reason for the fewer number of posts on here !

Wigster n San x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
5 years 1 week ago #40838 by greycloud
greycloud replied the topic: Can I just say
I may be wrong but I think that there are a few deerhound folk who would rather not join/post on this site so as not to cause conflict with the Deerhound club. I only say this as 2 deerhound people I know and who I have tried to encourage to join this site, have said that by doing so would 'compromise' them with the Deerhound club. Now as I am not a member of the deerhound club and neither am I involved in showing, I don't really know what they mean and as I don't want to know the politics involved, I have not asked but thought It may be worth mentioning.

More
5 years 1 week ago #40841 by Brodie
Say it as it is.....I always have......as long as you are truthful that's all that counts ...... :whistle:

Wigster n San x
The following user(s) said Thank You: greycloud

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
5 years 1 week ago #40842 by Neil
Neil replied the topic: Can I just say
I'm a member of the Club and have never had a problem or sensed any resentment to members who contribute to the Forum. One thing I will say about deerhound owners is there willingness to share their knowledge and offer support. In fact, i feel guilty that we have never taken up the number of offers to visit owners around the country. Even though, we ironically, welcomed a couple to our house who were thinking of getting a deerhound and wanted to talk and see one in a home environment.

Special people for a special hound, I always have a great sense of belonging to a bigger Club especially now that I am in contact with an International Deerhound Community on facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Bodhranlady, Joerg Yoki

More
5 years 1 week ago #40843 by crackadog
crackadog replied the topic: Can I just say
Fantastic to see the site back up. Thanks to Rob for all his work and now big thanks to Jeorg for taking on the day to day running of the site. I hope old faces do return. As for decline, I agree the Facebook folks seem to have left the site...a great pity as many of them made really helpful contributions and often very funny comments. Personally, I do not use Facebook so perhaps Neil you can let them know we are again operational. Occasionally, in the past, there were differences of opinion that were taken personally and caused some offence. They were few, but caused some folks to move on I think. More of the breeders used to post on here too, which was always interesting. Still, I am just glad we're all systems go again and can still hear from deerhound lovers around the world. Well done Rob and Jeorg!

More
5 years 1 week ago #40844 by Big Dog Lover
Big Dog Lover replied the topic: Can I just say
As I only joined the forum a few days before the notice came up that it was closing I'm very happy that Jeorg has decided to take it over. Also very happy that Rob started it in the first place as I've got lots of questions.

More
5 years 1 week ago #40845 by Brodie
[quote="crackadog" ( Occasionally, in the past, there were differences of opinion that were taken personally and caused some offence. They were few, but caused some folks to move on I think. More of the breeders used to post on here too, which was always interesting. ) I posted on here a long while ago that some members would 'thrust' their opinion on postings on here and you were to be dammed in hell if you ignored their instructions, which in my humble opinion is wrong, however "if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question". I do hope that this site will continue & flourish as I have said before, many will find it informative. :)

Wigster n San x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodhranlady, Joerg Yoki, Neil, greycloud

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds