Lowther Countrymans Show .

• Mighty Quinn
  • Mighty Quinn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
5 years 2 months ago #40641 by Mighty Quinn
Mighty Quinn created the topic: Lowther Countrymans Show .
Hi everyone, new Deerhound owners here.
We attended the Lowther Show yesterday (Sun 11/8/13) and really enjoyed the whole thing, We met Fergus and family who were there and had a really nice chat about our hounds.
It seems folk with Deerhounds can spot other ones a mile away ( not that their hard to miss !! ) i must add. They certainly attract a lot of attention and the usual comments that follow, ie; saddles, hairy lurcher, cost of feed etc.
Our hound Quinn is just over eight months old and is out of Regalflight Jacana of Lairigefyne ( dam ) and Pyefleet Silas ( sire ), he resides with three other dogs, a border collie, a jack russell and a fell terrier.
He is a bit of a hooligan now and again but is getting over it and when needed, the jack russell puts him in his place ( MORE OFTEN THAN NOT PINNED TO THE LOUNGE WALL ).
My wife and daughter both have a horse so they took him to the stables from day one so he is very steady around horses and also the stable cats which don,t interest him one bit .
I will put some pictures of him on the forum as soon as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #40642 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: Lowther Countrymans Show .
Funny you say your Quinn is a bit of a :cheer: hooligan :laugh: because that is what we call all our young ones - somehow the name seems to fit! Deerhounds don't really settle down until about age three and even then I wouldn't put money on it. Mine have recently taken to snitching food off the kitchen counters which is a new thing for us. I live for the day I can use the butter without it having suspicious lick marks on it. :huh: Looking forward to some pictures of your Mighty Quinn especially including all the members of that interesting pack you've assembled.

Welcome to the forum,
Shelley in Vancouver, Canada

Ironstone Deerhounds

More
5 years 2 months ago #40644 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Lowther Countrymans Show .
Hello and welcome Mighty Quinn in the Scottish Deerhound forum.

We wish you many fun here.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy

More
5 years 2 months ago #40645 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: Lowther Countrymans Show .
Hi Quinn.....welcome from all at Lodhainn xx

Wigster n San x

More
5 years 1 month ago #40678 by Neil
Neil replied the topic: Lowther Countrymans Show .
Hi Quinn, welcome from Finn

More
5 years 1 month ago #40681 by fergus
fergus replied the topic: Lowther Countrymans Show .
Hello to Quinn and his family, it was nice to meet you and have a bit crack, was a good day out :) .
Attachments:

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds