Meeting up for a Deerhound yomp!

• BethC
  • BethC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #40148 by BethC
BethC created the topic: Meeting up for a Deerhound yomp!
Hi all,

My name is Yalla (which means "hurry up" or "go faster" in Arabic), although I am sometimes known as "Eyore" because I can look pretty pathetic if things aren't going 100% my way e.g too cold, too hot, too windy, too misty, too early, too late.....you know the kind of thing! I'm nearly 2 years old and live near Windsor forest (UK )with my Mum and Dad, a cat called Kylie and my "brother" Shankly who is a Wirehaired Viszla. I'm quite well behaved (well, I think so) and love running around with Shankly, but I'm not allowed to run with other dogs because I forget that they aren't used to my big boy games and people start shouting at me - boo hoo.

I was wondering if there were any other DH, lurchers or big running dogs that live in Berkshire or Surrey who might like to meet up for a yomp and gallop? I've never met another DH before, but I have really loved chasing with a whippet/bedlington lurcher when we meet him.....although he is a bit small for me, I want to run shoulder to shoulder and snap my teeth!!

Lots of licks and ear rubs

Yalla x

PS - I tried to add a photo but kept getting a Fatal Error message! However, I am big, grey and handsome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki, greycloud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #40151 by Elise
Elise replied the topic: Meeting up for a Deerhound yomp!
Good to meet you Yalla.

If you are in the Surrey/Berkshire area you might be interested in lure coursing with the BSFA - see here for details www.lurecoursing.org.uk/contact-bsfa.html

You will hopefully meet some deerhounds there. There's also a fun day soon organised by the UK Deerhound Club on 6th July in the Berkshire area so a good opportunity to meet people and see who may be also in your area.

If you are still having problems with the photos let Rob know on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BethC

More
5 years 5 months ago #40154 by greycloud
greycloud replied the topic: Meeting up for a Deerhound yomp!
Hi BethC - you give a very accurate description of a deerhound - it really made me laugh :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BethC

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds