In Memoriam

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #41562 by Wanda
Wanda replied the topic: In Memoriam
All those lovely hounds ... it makes me so sad to read of your losses. I know it is hard, they tear out a piece of your heart whe they leave.

Our beloved Wanda had to cross the bridge more than a year ago. She is so deeply missed. Now I can look at all the lovely pictures I made of her again
without only tears in my eyes ... now I can smile while looking at them. She was such a great character and my first deerhound love - she made me become addicted to those wise and wild creatures. I am very proud that I had such a wonderful friend. Hopefully we will meet again ...

Wanda (Brennia Paluduz), 20.03.2003-13.07.2012

Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Joerg Yoki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robb, Brodie, Joerg Yoki, KC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #41564 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: In Memoriam
it is one of the hardest things to live through, but I do feel we are better to have had them, loved them & lost them, than had an empty life without them :( :) dh:)

Wigster n San x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clunie, KC

More
4 years 6 months ago #41569 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: In Memoriam
Great memories Sabine, remain forever.

I have Wanda's book on my bookshelf.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, KC

More
4 years 6 months ago #41574 by KC
KC replied the topic: In Memoriam
Thank You so much for your kind thoughts. I think about him every single day and miss him so much. He was such a lovely boy and I feel cheated that he only had 31/2 years but I am pleased I had the opportunity to meet him. He made a massive impact on my life in such a short time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robb, Brodie, Joerg Yoki

More
4 years 6 months ago #41577 by Robb
Robb replied the topic: In Memoriam
It is so hard when they leave us. My ben died in April 2012 at the age of 7yrs 8 months and I thought that was too soon. He came into my life at a time when things were not going well for me in so many areas. He may well have saved me! I still think about him every day but now the good memories become more vivid and the bad ones have faded.

Luckily for me Harri came into my life from Rescue after Ben departed and she is the most lovely Dog.

Rob B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Ironstone, Joerg Yoki, KC

More
4 years 6 months ago #41578 by Pho
Pho replied the topic: In Memoriam
Will we meet again?

Yes I do think so.

I lost my Dad this past summer to cancer. He had a special bond with all my girls over the years. All you had to do was just mention the word GanPapa and the girls would go crazy. When I learned that Dad was terminal, I read up on end of life issues so that I would be able to better care for him. Dad eventually passed through each of the end of life phases including seeing and experiencing those who had passed on. In my Dad's case he would tell me about two big dogs (my beloved Sky and Rae) who would appear with a recently departed family member during his final days. What was interesting was that Dad did not believe in the supernatural and that once you leave this world there is nothing beyond. Yet, my two lovely ladies who adored him were there with him to take him "home".

Is there a rainbow bridge? Based on my experience with my Dad, yes there is and it exists whether one believes in it or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Ironstone, Joerg Yoki, 3HOUNDS

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #41581 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: In Memoriam
Oh Pho, that is surreal, but reading your experiences makes things easier to live with. The thought that I will see my Nan and Grandad and my beloved dogs makes it feel better, if that is at all possible.
Murphy 15.5.15 - 9.3.13
Lurch 2.10.88 - 12.10.98
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Joerg Yoki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Joerg Yoki, Pho

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #41582 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: In Memoriam
Lurch 2.10.88 - 12.10.98 wont let me add the picture
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Lurch8252.

More
4 years 6 months ago #41587 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: In Memoriam
with many tears in my eyes, I remember how i felt when 'that time' for my hounds & still do. Will have to go through it all again & it rips me apart. At my age one would expect to have lost parents but I have also lost a grad daughter at 18 years of age. It all hurts, I think if you are the right type of person to own a pet it will always hurt when they have to leave us. I have encouraged some who have lost their pet to have another when they said they could not replace the lost one. I do believe that is also true, they can never be replaced, how ever another pet can still find a place in your heart & enrich your life for a period of time. I have shed tears for friends on here who have lost their 'special friend' sharing & knowing how they must feel. I hate to think what my 60 years would have been without my dogs + the kids pets as well dh:)

Wigster n San x
The following user(s) said Thank You: wallace, Ironstone, Joerg Yoki, Pho

More
4 years 6 months ago #41589 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: In Memoriam
Thank you for sharing these many touching stories of loss. It is most humbling to read them and inspiring too to realize we are not alone in our sorrow. All the best to you in 2014.

Ironstone Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Joerg Yoki, Pho

More
4 years 1 day ago #42185 by CiCoch
CiCoch replied the topic: In Memoriam
I lost Mac very suddenly to Bloat last week and am still in a bit of a Daze. There is a big hole where he once stood in my peripheral vision and the 3rd link on the dog lead
lies empty as a constant reminder that he is gone. He was my first deerhound , and over the years , I have come to love the breed and his deerhoundy ways. He will not be my last and my love will never die.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elise, Joerg Yoki

More
4 years 1 day ago #42186 by Robb
Robb replied the topic: In Memoriam
Steve, I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost Mac to bloat!

I lost Ben a couple of years back and it took me a long while to get over it and I still think of him most days even now.

I've adopted another Deerhound since and also an ex racing Greyhound.

I know that you've many memories of Mac and they'll give you much pleasure once you get over the pain of his loss. I still have those photos of Mac and Ben from our day out in Wales and at Tatton Park.

Rob B
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CiCoch, Ironstone, Joerg Yoki

More
4 years 1 day ago #42188 by Joerg Yoki
So very sorry to hear this, Steve. Run free Mac.

Joerg and Yoki + Lucy

More
4 years 1 day ago #42191 by WendyS
WendyS replied the topic: In Memoriam
That is very sad news. Bloat is a terrible thing. My thoughts are with you.

More
4 years 19 hours ago #42195 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: In Memoriam
Very sorry for your loss Steve. I haven't heard of bloat for awhile and was beginning to hope it had disappeared as a threat to our breed. Misplaced optimism obviously. It is easy to see you loved Mac very much and gave him a wonderful life. I know what you mean about him being always in your peripheral vision, so very true and nicely put.

Robb that is such a great picture of Ben and Mac together! A cherished memory of two hounds, now crossed over the bridge.

Ironstone Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robb

• Trowsahound
  • Trowsahound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
4 years 17 hours ago #42196 by Trowsahound
Trowsahound replied the topic: In Memoriam
So sorry to hear of the loss of Mac and all those other beautiful hounds - I started this thread 3 years ago now, and I do so feel for all those with a recently departed hound - they never leave you actually, I still think of the three in the very first photo - regularly. As the say - ' the best place to bury a dog, is in the heart of his owner' - and that's certainly where mine are...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wallace

More
3 years 11 months ago #42220 by wallace
wallace replied the topic: In Memoriam
So sorry you have lost a beloved deerhound, they are never replaced everyone of them are all special in their own way. :(

More
3 years 11 months ago #42238 by Elise
Elise replied the topic: In Memoriam
So sorry to hear about Mac. Every best wish.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42392 by Doxhope
Doxhope replied the topic: In Memoriam
Doxhope Laird of the Loch, another one of our deerhounds getting well into double figures before going to that great coursing ground in the sky, 29/11/2014, :-(

Like my dogs, I bite back..HARD
billdoherty.co.uk/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lieve

More
3 years 7 months ago #42395 by Joerg Yoki
So sorry to hear this Bill. Run free dh:)

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 1.008 seconds