Dog friendly locations

More
7 years 8 months ago #33019 by Bodhranlady
Bodhranlady replied the topic: Re: Dog friendly locations
Oh Wendy, the cottage looks gorgeous. One of our favourite parts of Scotland. Diabaig is simply stunning and so is Loch Maree. Peter has climbed the mighty Slioch which looms over the loch.A very long walk in to get to the mountain though. The mountain walk on the nature reserve is fantastic too. And as for the coffee and scones at the Torridon Hotel - yummy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #39159 by shuttlep
shuttlep replied the topic: Re: Dog friendly locations
on twitter i follow some one called dugs n pubs, i think hey have a website to, they name all the dog friendly pubs in Edinburgh

happy days

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #40997 by ronmanager
ronmanager replied the topic: Dog friendly locations
The All Inn One in Forest Hill welcomed Santa indoors - they just said avoid Sunday lunchtimes where it's very busy with Sunday lunchers. All Inn One

Then there's the Woodman in lovely Farnborough Village - we took two Deerhounds in here one weekend afternoon and there were a few other dogs already in there. The sign outside says dogs welcome. Woodman

And basically everywhere in France won't bat an eyelid if you bring your dog in (in my experience.)

We also stayed the night with two deerhounds at The George and Dragon Hotel in West Wycombe (after last year's Deerhound Fun day.) This is a lovely hotel, cheap (£65 a night via Expedia we paid) with a nice garden out the back (also haunted). Great food here too. George & Dragon

• Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
5 years 1 week ago #41191 by Trowsahound
Trowsahound replied the topic: Dog friendly locations
Thanks to wendy for the link to the Torridon cottage, will definately check that one!

Lake district is good for pubs, especially the 'Dog and Gun' at Keswick which actively encourages dogs - there was a dog under every table happily snoozing while their owners tucked into the lovely menu, no-one was complaining not even the non-dog owners (why can't EVERY place be like that??!) the only problem was it was VERY popular (3rd week in Sep) and I was with my small lurcher, dont think I could have fitted my big deerhound in there.

I did a walking holiday in the Lakes with this lurcher, I stayed and walked between 'dog friendly' b&bs, several didnt want dogs left alone in the rooms, and then I discovered they didnt want them in the restaurant either! This meant that twice I had to have my breakfast outside in drizzle, and had to take it there myself on a tray after tying dog up to picnic table. I was not impressed. Some of these places are jumping on the 'dog-friendly' band wagon to get off season bookings, but don't really mean it. Best to check this out before booking anywhere.

More
5 years 1 week ago #41192 by WendyS
WendyS replied the topic: Dog friendly locations
The cottage in Diabaig was great. Cosy and clean with a wonderful view over the bay and sea to Northern Skye. We will definately be going back. We went in October which was good, most of the sheep had been brought down from the mountains and sent to their winter grazing so lots of off the lead dog walks. The deer were also rutting then, which was magical with the roaring echoing round the mountains. I'd only seen the red deer rut on TV before. A wonderful and very beautiful place.
We also met a lady who stopped her car to ask if they were deerhounds in our car and was very exited to meet my girls. She had a deerhound lurcher who had climbed all the munroes for miles around. She even came for a cup of tea to the cottage and for a deerhound cuddle of course.
A long way to go for you but well worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
5 years 1 week ago #41205 by ronmanager
ronmanager replied the topic: Dog friendly locations
Just back from Cornwall where we were most welcome with our deerhound in The Blue Peter at Polperro on the quay, The Cobweb Inn at Boscastle (really nice pub this) and King Arthurs Arms at Tintagel.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds