General picture topic, new pics from us all!

More
9 years 5 months ago #17467 by CiCoch
CiCoch replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
One of Bran, with Mac in the background.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #17469 by chilliwoman
chilliwoman replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
What a lovely looking dog!

Never judge a book by its cover.........always look deeper![url][/url] www.chillifundamentals.co.uk

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #17475 by verenav
verenav replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
I just love all our pics ! Here 2 " christmassy " ones from young Hermione , who thinks , that during the winter season it is really important to have a warm and comfy home and good friends to hold on to ....
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by verenav.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #17481 by KimC
KimC replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
A little christmas card from us.

I have made a collection of some dogs-play-in-the-snow pictures here:
kim-christensen.dk/HUNDE/sneee.htm

Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by KimC. Reason: layout issue

More
9 years 5 months ago #17482 by verenav
Love it/them - thanks Kim ! Hermione also always loves to see pics of her brother Penticton and his friends and family !

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #18094 by verenav
Here you can see Hermione ( 18mths ) stalking her hapless victim ( one of my other deerhound girls ...)- yep , she is an avid huntress and could become an excellent lurecourser , the preydrive is there and the required "keen -ness " , too. And , while I am at posting Hermione pics , 2 more I took this morning - we were out during a wonderful blizzard ....
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by verenav.

• Ardneish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #18152 by Ardneish
Ardneish replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
I am loving seeing all of these fantastic photos :) the hounds are smiling there so happy

Incredible and such a joy for me to see
thankyou

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #18391 by verenav
And more snow pics - those taken today , at the end of a 2 hour walk up there , within and above the fog and clouds , in the soggy snow - Hermione , my " youngling " ( 19mths now , with extra special ears today...) was sitting at the edge of a smaller cliff and staring out for coyote or deer to appear , surveying her " Queendom ".
Attachments:

More
9 years 4 months ago #18392 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Hello verenav,

Very nice pictures.

Hunt Hermione coyotes or deers?

Is orange necklace as protection against hunters?

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #18403 by verenav
Hello Joerg ,

thanks for the compliment . Yes , my 4 dh girls do chase coyote , deer , bear and what not when they have a chance , or rather 3 do , one is not interested in hunting . I do not " hunt them " but we meet regularly wildlife on our hikes and they love running / chasing/hunting without success so far - thanks to the area we live ( the bush is too dense and they can not follow or loos sight early on ) - also , as they are off leash , they tend to start way too early and whomever they are after usually has plenty of time to escape . The most succesful they seem to be with bears , whom they tree regularly.
The orange collars are exactly that - protection from hunters , also , they have the reflective middle , are made out of very light , stretch material , easily washable , very durable and one can write phonenumbers aso on them ! The best part , they are from Germany , developed by hunters - you can google them under the name " bodo band " . Mine wear them when it is dark and during hunting season.
Keep on enjoying your sweet puppy ,

Verena

More
9 years 4 months ago #18404 by Joerg Yoki
Hello Verena,

Many thanks for your answers.

Your dogs a very fine (Hermione is a wonderful Deerhound).

I love the nature in British Columbia (I have a book with pictures over B.C.).

Have you problems with wolves in your area? We have in Saxony (Eastern Germany)
over 50 wolves ( but so far no problems).
Yesterday was a fox of our ground.

All the best
Joerg and Yoki

• pat olik
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #18427 by pat olik
pat olik replied the topic: Re: General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Sorry to be thick but I am new to all this techno malarky, how do I go about posting photos?, I have some great ones of grace and her friend amos. from pat

More
9 years 4 months ago #18429 by verenav
verenav replied the topic: Re: General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Hello back Joerg ,

no problems with wolves here - the only problem , I think , is , that they are still allowed to be shot basically by anyone /anytime as I understand it - not in national parks of course.
Where I live I only ever saw wolves once , about 1 year ago ;I and a coworker saw a pack of 6 beautiful , magnificent wolves run through a blizzard alongside the hill the animal shelter I work in , is situated on . I know , that some lone wolves wander here and there and I heard of a resident pack having it's territory not too far away from Vernon . On my side of the lake there are no wolves , planty of coyotes though ,and cougar - I mostly dread meeting cougar and moose , more even than black bear ( no grizzlies here either ! ) .
Good for Sachsen to be still undeveloped anough to have wolves .

And Pat , you simply click the " browse " button which will allow you to attach a pic to your post ! Or , even simpler perhaps , you might ask the kind list moderator for help.....

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
9 years 4 months ago #18430 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Re: General picture topic, new pics from us all!
To post a picture..
1)In the relevant forum (or off topic) click NEW THREAD or REPLY
2)type your message "blah blah blah deerhound blah blah"
3) next to the words "Select image file to attach" click browse.
4) A window will appear - "choose file to upload". Here you need to go to the picture file - this will normally be in my pictures or my documents - all depends on how you store your pictures and your computer. Once you have selected your file, click OPEN.
5) Now the window will close leaving you back at the forum - next to the browse button (the one you clicked before) there is a button called - IMG - click this. This puts the picture in your message HOWEVER - and this is the confusing bit - you cant see it (there is a good reason, but I won't go into it). Instead you will see the letters IMG at the point in your message where the picture will appear.
6) Click submit - and be patient - your picture has to be uploaded to the site, which depending on your connection and the size of the picture may take some time.

Any problems PM me for more help. If you juyst want to practive posting a picture you can do that in the OFF TOPIC forum, we can always tidy it up later...
Thanks
Rob

More
9 years 4 months ago #18434 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re: General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Hello Verena,

Thank you for your interesting message.
Good to hear that with the wolves have no problems.
I'm member in an association for the protection of the wolves in Germany.
Link (sorry, the page is only in German): www.gzsdw.de/page.php?erf...allery=1&page=4

Unfortunately will always be wolves shot illegally or died wolves on road and railway in Germany. We will deduct the speed for the cars of the streets in the wolves area.

The following is a gold coin with a Timberwolf. I have the coin on the Canadian Post bought for my collection.

Are Pumas and Grizzlys risky for people and dogs? I think the Puma is very rare or?

You can work in a animal home ? What for animals have you in the animal home ?

All the best
Joerg and Yoki

More
9 years 4 months ago #18437 by Robb
Robb replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Great pictures of Wolves on that site Yoerg. I understand that Wolves are now migrating into West Germany since the demolition of the Iron Curtain and that they have built bridges over the Autobans to let them cros safely.

I'm afraid that the UK is doing nothing to re-establish Wolves, they have even refused to allow them on a large uninhabited Island off the coast of Scotland in case they swim to the shore. The owner of a large scottish estate wanted to introduce them and he was even willing to build a high fence all around the estate at his expense but again the authorities would not allow it.

Humans have given the Wolf a very hard time.

Rob B

More
9 years 4 months ago #18438 by verenav
verenav replied the topic: Re: General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Hi there , sorry about all the non dh stuff here at the moment -
we actually have quite a few cougars/puma out here in the West , especially at the coast/Vancouver Island , but also in the Okanagan ( where I live ) - I regularly see tracks and scat and one of my dhgirls once got whacked by a cougar ( nothing bad , luckily ) . They are , imo , the most " dangerous " animals here as they hunt by stealth and might just sit on the tree above you , deer being their main prey , so , a deerhound would do just fine I suppose ...- I have seen a Black Bear mom and cup killed by cougar ( my dogs found them )and ever since then I am even more respectful/wary of them . Have also found a whole frontleg/bones of a cougar once and it was incredibly heavy , big strong bones . Grizzlies , too , I do not want to meet - also not a Black bear with cups ( barely want to meet one when on foot ) - also not Moose ( mother and calve !!) , whom we have here , too. So , my walks can be quite ineteresting - I walk about 2hours/day somewhere out here through the bush and have become quite good at seing any signs of wildlife and , in reading my dogs , who usually give quite clear indications on who might be out there , too . I do make noise regularly , to not surprise anyone , and carry bearspray . So far so good - on the other hand I love knowing , they are all here ( including rattelsnakes and porcupine...) , they make us a bit more humble and put us in our places .

More
9 years 4 months ago #18457 by Joerg Yoki
Hello Rob,

Many thanks for your interest on the grey wolf.

THE Wolves return to Germany beginning in the 1990s from Poland.

The most wolves gives in East Germany (Saxony ca. 50 wolves, Brandenburg ca.15 wolves,
Saxony-Anhalt ca. 10 wolves).

In West Germany is one Wolf in Hesse, one Wolf in Bavaria and I think in Northern Germany 2-3 wolves.

Yes, by new Autobahn(express highways) gives bridige for the wild animals. The bridige are ca. 50 meters bright and have trees and bushes. But there are too few bridges for the wild animals.

A Report proposes wolf reintroduction in Scottish Highland test case gives from William Ripple of Universität Oregon (20099.

Link to the article: oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/ar...hland-test-case

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki

More
9 years 4 months ago #18467 by Joerg Yoki
Hello Verena,

Many thanks for your interesting answers.

Yes, the Grizzlies are dangerously - but this is the nature.
I have read many over Grizzlies in the USA and
Canada.

We have Lynxes ("little Cougars")in Germany (Saxony-Anhalt and Bavaria).
This cats are not dangerously for humans and normal dogs.

We wish you and your dogs a very nice Sunday.

Joerg and Yoki

More
9 years 4 months ago #18470 by Robb
Robb replied the topic: Re:General picture topic, new pics from us all!
Joerg and Yoki wrote:

Hello Rob,

Many thanks for your interest on the grey wolf.

THE Wolves return to Germany beginning in the 1990s from Poland.

The most wolves gives in East Germany (Saxony ca. 50 wolves, Brandenburg ca.15 wolves,
Saxony-Anhalt ca. 10 wolves).

In West Germany is one Wolf in Hesse, one Wolf in Bavaria and I think in Northern Germany 2-3 wolves.

Yes, by new Autobahn(express highways) gives bridige for the wild animals. The bridige are ca. 50 meters bright and have trees and bushes. But there are too few bridges for the wild animals.

A Report proposes wolf reintroduction in Scottish Highland test case gives from William Ripple of Universität Oregon (20099.

Link to the article: oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/ar...hland-test-case

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki

Thanks for the link, its a very interesting article. I did watch a program on the findings of the yellowstone research into Wolves and their impact on the environment. I for one think that we should re-introduce Wolves into our environment. I think that the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Rob B

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.955 seconds