Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hi my name is Gay Atkinson. I live in Devon

Hi my name is Gay Atkinson. I live in Devon 8 months 4 weeks ago #43575

I have loved and owned two deerhounds over the years and suffered the loss of Blufawn Thetis, or Haggis to her friends. I am awaiting the birth of a deerhound puppy at Easter and wonder if anyone can advise me what will be the best way to transfer my puppy from Loughborough to Devon in early July. Is a crate the most sensible/suitable way? If it is what size crate will I need? My last deerhound travelled down in the car sprawled across my mother's lap on the back of the car and was perfectly content. My first deerhound arrived by train form Scotland to Euston as a Red Star Parcel in the goods van. My mother is no longer with me, but a friend will travel with me. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks Gay
  • gayabandon100
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi my name is Gay Atkinson. I live in Devon 8 months 3 weeks ago #43577

Hello Gay

How exiting for you to be getting a new pup.

The safest way to travel is with pup in a crate. My crate is 31" long, 21" wide and 25" high. I have transported 4 deerhound pups in it as well as 2 bearded collies, and various chickens. Not all at the same time. You could well get a bad traveller so go armed with lots of paper towels, water and lots of old towels and rugs to replace the ones in the crate if they dog is sick or worse on them. Always put a collar on them so that if you do have to stop to clean the pup up you will have something to get hold of. Bin bags for smelly bedding. Having said that you may get one that travels beautifully without howling for most of the journey. Hope so.

Have lots of fun with your new pup
  • WendyS
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds