Sue Rose's Lure Coursing

• Kalico
  • Kalico's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
9 years 1 week ago #13890 by Kalico
Kalico created the topic: Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Is it still on this Friday? If so, we'd love to come along again. Jake was gutted that we missed the last one due to being away on holiday. If its ok, we will bring old Jack, my boss's Beddy x Whippet and Holly.

Look forward to seeing you all there. :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #13891 by suerose
suerose replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Yes Lure Coursing is on even if it is raining the BBQ will be lit from about 6pm
ALL ARE WELCOME THAT ARE UP FOR FUN :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
we will make sure that every one gets a run even if you are late we will start racing about 7pm (I might be late as I have booked in to much work and Kevin is not happy with me)
It will be nice to see jake and jack we have bryn staying with us and I think he will be running

• Kalico
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
9 years 1 week ago #13957 by Kalico
Kalico replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Just wanted to say thanks for another great evening...the dogs all had a great time as did us hoomans!
:woohoo:

More
9 years 1 week ago #13959 by Sid
Sid replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Didn't we just? Bad light stopped play but not until well after 10:00 pm when we were down to finals in both stakes. It was particularly lovely to see Old Jack again, doing his stately gallop round and quite convinced he'd won, and to be greeted as an old friend by Bryn, who's on his holidays chez Gentiehun and clearly having fun with the resident pack, despite the Poodle having decided he's a pushover and bossing him about. Furthest travelled honours go to Team Spring-Arnold, up from dahn sahf for their summer break and a belated Happy Birthday to Robert. See y'all tomorrow at Holyrood Park. Remember there's still a Deerhound place.

• Kalico
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
9 years 1 week ago #13960 by Kalico
The lure coursing is the highlight of old Jack's month..he is beginning to fail a bit now but comes back to life at Fire Hill..he definitely does think he wins every race!!

• Murph the Magnificent
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
9 years 1 week ago #13965 by Murph the Magnificent
Murph the Magnificent replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Yeah great night last night. Luckily no-one has died here from my e-coli burgers, and it's a really special art being able to protect a plate of sausages when there are packs of hungry hounds about. I only lost one sausage to one old lady who will remain nameless, although Mara escaped from our clutches, grabbed someone's sandwich and attempted to make a break for it. You'll note that we pretended not to know her when she did that...

The girls are still enthusing about last night's get together today, Sue - they had a great time. You're lucky one of them didn't go home with Poodle up their jumper, and they were very taken with Tarka too.

See you all soon, folks.

More
8 years 11 months ago #14539 by deladraper
deladraper replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
I would like to course my 20 mouth bitch. I know very little about the subject and would apreciate some advice on how to get started. We live in Cornwall is there anywhere down here or within a few hours drive?

More
8 years 11 months ago #14542 by Sid
I think the nearest place for you is Newbury - check out BSFA's site for details. Spring posted a link a wee while back on one of the coursing threads.

More
8 years 11 months ago #14543 by deladraper
deladraper replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Thanks for that i'll have a look. :cheer:

• Murph the Magnificent
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #15223 by Murph the Magnificent
Murph the Magnificent replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Remember lure coursing is on at the Rose's tomorrow folks.

Costumes are NOT compulsory but there will be a prize for best disco dancer. Probably.

If you can't make it tomorrow (like us - boo!) then the next meet is on 18 October. Put it into your diaries now! B)

Sue and Kevin are still talking about a Christmas event too, so if you think wintertime frolics sounds like a good idea then please let us all know.

When in December would suit most folk??? :unsure:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

• Kalico
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #15266 by Kalico
Just popped on to say another huge thank you to all at Firehill..another great day spent lure coursing..Jake is comatose..Jack is still riding high thinking he won every race, Holly LOVED the racing and was very polite to all the other dogs and Indi is back home with my boss..in a similiar state of comatosed-ness to Jake.

Thanks all for a great day out.

More
8 years 11 months ago #15267 by Sid
Hey Wendy, it was great to see you and the gang again today. And I would just like to let the world know that the wonderful Old Jack won a race today, fair and square. He wouldn't have called the king his uncle, either.

• Kalico
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #15279 by Kalico
Especially for Jack's biggest fan..Sid...

Jake..

Indi

Holly

Biscuit

Not sure of names..

Lots of other pics..
smg.photobucket.com/album...2009/?start=all
Feel free to use any you want..i have all the originals in higher res if you need them.

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #15282 by feldandjack
feldandjack replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Lovely weather yesterday, Bryn enjoyed his wee run and the racing was very close. Thanks to Sue, Kevin and Chris for their warm welcome. Bryn was chuffed to see his holiday family again. Trust Jake to duck out in the final in order to check his hair in the wing mirrors of the parked cars. Hope to have Bryn up to full fitness for the 18th Oct. 27th of December should be good for me providing I'm not on call.

More
8 years 11 months ago #15283 by BiscuitMacVitie
BiscuitMacVitie replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Thanks again Team SueRose for a smashing day. Such a lot goes into the day to make it fun and social for everyone, and it's much appreciated - what a range of breeds yesterday, so nice :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #15284 by Sid
We had FUN! So did the dogs - many, many thanks to Team Rose for another splendid day. How do they manage to arrange decent weather every time? Beats me, but they do. Rannoch won the Deerhound final from Mini and Tara, and Marcus won the Other Breeds from Wee Jake, but he had to work hard for it - Jake's a flying machine as you can see from the photographs above. So is Indi - are they related?

More
8 years 11 months ago #15285 by Elvee
Elvee replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Aw,you always have such fun up there!It's not fair! :S

More
8 years 11 months ago #15289 by Clunie
Clunie replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Hi Sue et al

Thanks for a great day on Sunday and also the graet weather!
It was our first time there Fynn and Clunie enjoyed it even if they really didn't grasp what they were meant to be doing!As for Tulla she thought that her first day out and about was great - people are so nice when you are a cute deerhound puppy she thinks! She was certainly really tired last night - all that watching and looking cute is hard work.

Nice to see so many deerhound and lurchers and whippets etc and meet their owners including some people from here! Looking forward to next time and hopefully Fynn will be a little better at the recall by then!!! :dry: :dry:

More
8 years 11 months ago #15298 by Biscuit
Biscuit replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
Thanks Sue Kevin and Chris for a fab day out.....

weather was great..all the dogs had a fab time....even if two ofthem only ran half the course :laugh:

so lloking forward to oct 18th

as to christmas dates shall we put a poll up offering several dates to which suits best...

27th dec is fine by us....

xxx

• camuscuin
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Under Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 11 months ago #15326 by camuscuin
camuscuin replied the topic: Re:Sue Rose's Lure Coursing
:) :) Many thanks Sue, Kevin & Christopher for a great fun day. Amy really enjoyed it, so much so that she didn't want to go home ! I just need to convince her that she should be chasing the lure not the other dog ! It was great to meet up with everyone, & Amy seeing her sibling ( Killoeter "M" litter) was the icing on the cake - even though they didn't exactly recognise each other straight away.
27th is fine for the lure coursing, assuming the ferries vare running on the 26th, if not - I will just have to arrive a wee bit late. :huh:
Thanks again

Kaz

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 1.201 seconds