× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

Posting Rehoming Messages

• 3HOUNDS
  • 3HOUNDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #42638 by 3HOUNDS
3HOUNDS created the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages
Hi, if you are still looking, may be I can help. I have a 9 year old male deerhound cross, I am reluctantly having to try and rehome him from HECTOR

I had chatted about our DHx being attacked in DHx/Lurcher Discussions and said we were looking for another. When I was informed there was a message left for me I was very excited and when I read it even more so. An offer of a DH cross, right age group and a male, wonderful. :kiss:

That's where it stopped and it's been disappointing ever since :angry: because I replied straight away but my PMs haven't even been opened. Really frustrated. People should follow their messages through in this sort of case so we know what has happened to the dog, especially when you're looking for one. :blush: Rant Over.
Heather
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teratyke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #42639 by Pho
Pho replied the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages
So sorry to hear about your fustration and possible missed opportunity. Although I do not know what really happened in your situation, I thought I just let you know that I had no clue about the site's Private Message (PM) function when I joined and started posting. I found out much much later (over three months later) that a member kindly PM'd me to see how my girl East was doing after being ill. You may not be getting a response because the other person is not aware of how the PM system works. Also, I normally visit the site a "guest" and only log in when posting. If I'm visiting as a guest I do not know there are any priviate messages waiting for me since the "private messages" link is not visible. (Note: I also learned from the opps above that if the "Private Messages" link is not blue but red when I log in, then it means that a message is waiting for me). I think one of the reasons people reply to a post with a "I've PM'd you" posting is to help avoid having a PM message being missed. Any way, just a though on why things may not have worked out.

Finally, not sure if this is possible. But could maybe one of the Moderators send the poster an email just letting the orginal poster know that there was an interested party and that they can vist their posting on the website for more info? Again not sure if this is possible or the correct thing to do, but just another thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teratyke

More
3 years 4 months ago #42641 by Hector
Hector replied the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages
Thanks for the rant, as I have been unable to access the Internet for a few days, I have only just picked up your message.
I have since, unexpectedly, been able to find a home for my lovely hound. I hope you manage to find one soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3HOUNDS

• 3HOUNDS
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #42642 by 3HOUNDS
3HOUNDS replied the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages
Thank you Hector for coming back.

It's just I hadn't been on here for ages but the day I came back there was your message so it felt like "fate". Us wanting a DH cross, older and a male and that's exactly what you advertised. We're sad of course but happy you've found a great home for him.

More
3 years 3 months ago #42648 by KB
KB replied the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages
Hey Heather, a little 'off topic' here but just wanted to say it was a good rant! It made me wonder about the PM thing and I looked at mine. It had a message in it! back from august last year, so I wrote back to the fellow with lots of apologies, which will no doubt quietly sit there until it gets noticed in 2017 sometime...

But otherwise, I am sorry you didn't get your cross. I'm sure you were all on such tenterhooks when you thought there may be a chance, and were so frustrated to be dangling there. My fingers and toes are crossed for you to find your new beastie soon.

Lots of love in the meantime and also WHENEVER i have been approached by someone on the street, wanting to say hello to Otto, who tells me they lost a dog, i always give them a little private time just to give Otto a little ear rub and hope it soothes something, for a little while at least.

xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: stussy, 3HOUNDS

More
3 years 3 months ago #42650 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages

KB wrote: Lots of love in the meantime and also WHENEVER i have been approached by someone on the street, wanting to say hello to Otto, who tells me they lost a dog, i always give them a little private time just to give Otto a little ear rub and hope it soothes something, for a little while at least.

xx

Oh bless you x I remember just after I lost my deerhound heart girl mrs t I went to clarkes farm show with Finn and my 2 beddies with my mum and a couple there had 2 beautiful deerhounds I explained I had just lost my girl and asked if I could have a cuddle they just left me to it lol I didn't want to leave them alone !! It was very sweet of them and makes me cry and realise how much I still miss a having a deerhound :(

• 3HOUNDS
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
3 years 3 months ago #42651 by 3HOUNDS
3HOUNDS replied the topic: Posting Rehoming Messages
Yes, tears came to my eyes when I read that as well and people are so kind. There's something about deerhounds that draw you to them and their eyes seem to seek out your soul.

Smokey was half deerhound and half greyhound and we miss her so very much.

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds