× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

offered: 3 acres, own bunnies , woodstove & sofa

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 week ago #35953 by conchie
A long shot... but it just might work:

Seeking pet deerhound-ish bitch. Must be child, sheep and chicken friendly, tollerant of grumpy old terrier dog, have (the potential for) good recall and enjoy giving leg leans when having ears rubbed.

In return: share of 3 acre field with own bunnies and interesting sniffs (inlcuding sheep poo to roll in), large woodstove, sofa, lots of fuss and extended family pack of misfits and fellow zoomers.

Located near Hexham in Northumberland.

Post vacated by earlier satisfied occupant (see pic)

where's the bunnies.JPG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 days ago #35975 by conchie
Attachments:

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 days ago #35994 by conchie
Attachments:

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #36569 by conchie
we're still looking...

...anyone know of any lurchery deerhoundy type wanting to share a home like ours?
Attachments:

More
8 years 10 months ago #36570 by CharlesMiller
Replied by CharlesMiller on topic Re: offered: 3 acres, own bunnies , woodstove & sofa
Sheep friendly???? Ho Ho Ho

• Newhound
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #36571 by Newhound
Hi Conchie,

Whereabouts in the country are you? I'm in the Midlands & rehomed a lovely DH bitch from a family at my little boy's nursery about 3 months ago, however, with the best will in the world, we're struggling space-wise with 2 small children & 2 dogs. Her previous owner is aware we feel she'd be better in a home with more space, & she's currently trying to find room in her kennels to take her back (& I presume rehome her again themselves). I feel very sad about this, as she's had a pretty rough time of it - if you look at my other posts you'll find a bit more detail & some photos (her coat is growing back from the clipping now). I may be out of line contacting you as Claire, her previous owner may still insist she takes her back, & unfortunately she hasn't been able to give me the papers she promised, so I have no solid proof of ownership to go ahead & rehome her myself. I just wondered if you may be interested & if so I can see if Claire is willing to let us rehome her, or put you in touch with her.
Skye is such a lovely-natured girl - all she wants is to be loved. She's never been aggressive with the children & gets on well with our little mongrel Woody (although they do play rough). It's just that as she's settled in with us & become more confident, she's moving round the house a lot more & asking for fuss, & seems to knock the children over nearly every time she turns round. I feel very bad not sticking by her, but feel she needs to have the room to move around freely & relax, and it's become apparent to me over the last 3 months that we can't give her that in our current house (Oh, for a lottery win!).
If you would be interested, could you let me know a few more details, and I can speak to Claire.

Sorry Conchie - just seen, you're in Northumberland. Also, don't know about sheep, but her recall is pretty good & she loves to lean for ear-rubs.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Newhound. Reason: rephrased some wording

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #36572 by conchie
I know... I know.... :) They're friendly sheep!

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #36573 by conchie
OH! Newhound!

Yes please!!!

Am in Northumberland but my bro is in (somewhere near) Telford and my Mum and Dad are in Nottingham, so Birmingham isn;t a problem....

(ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!!!!)

• Newhound
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #36574 by Newhound
I'll give Claire a ring...I wouldn't feel such a failure if I knew she could go to a lovely home as your's sounds. I'll let you know asap

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #36575 by conchie
Have pm'd you

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #36641 by conchie
This has resulted in a happy ever after!
Thank you Newhound.x
Attachments:

More
8 years 9 months ago #36642 by AtticusRox
It sounded so good I wanted to move in myself.

Aust Ch Nelungaloo Sam (Atticus) running free
Anduril Caile
Aust Ch Nelungaloo Rhys (Rhys)
D'Arcy Lurcher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conchie

More
8 years 9 months ago #36643 by crackadog
So good to hear a fab outcome. Now she'll be settled and happy for life, one lucky girl I'd say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conchie

• Newhound
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #36650 by Newhound
It was sad to say goodbye to Skye, but it had become apparent that our home enviroment, although adequate, was not ideal for her. Luckily she now has a lovley new home with Conchie & her family, with plenty of space to move around in B) Just glad we were able to get her fit & help her on her way.
Thank you Conchie, for being prepared to trek down to Birmingham & take her to her new life! Lovely photos too :)

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #36674 by conchie
here's some pics from this morning :)
Attachments:

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #36709 by conchie

More
8 years 9 months ago #36717 by crackadog
I'm sure seeing her so settled and happy in such fab surroundings makes everyone happy. Lucky Skye to be rescued and so well looked after by you
Newhound and now to have landed on all four paws in her forever home with Conchie. Good result!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Newhound

More
8 years 9 months ago #36721 by Lurch8252
murphy is packing his bags as I type, he wants to move in too :))

• conchie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #38116 by conchie
Hi everyone,
just wanted to update you that 7 months on (time flies when you're having fun!) Skyler has settled right in.
She's also won 'pet with pokiest nose' in the village fair....

Now we'd love to find some local deerhounds types to meet up with. Anyone know of any others in the Newcastle-Carlisle gap?

More
8 years 2 months ago #38119 by Joerg Yoki
Great pictures Conchie. Thanks for sharing.

We live in the countryside in Saxony, East Germany.

Hope, you can find in your near Deerhound friends.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds