× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted

• PMcHardy
  • PMcHardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #29088 by PMcHardy
PMcHardy created the topic: Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted
Hello,

A few years ago we had to put down our deer hound bedlington lurcher as he was unwell. Now our youngest child is old enough for another dog and I am on the look out for a deer hound based lurcher. Preferably some deer hound, some grey hound and some... well maybe bedlington terrier.
We have had rescue dogs or previous owner dogs and while they all ended up fine we spent time sorting behaviour problems. As we have two children this time I would like a puppy, so we can have our own problems.

We live in central Scotland at the edge of the Trossachs with large tracts of woodland not far away. The lurcher will be a family pet and not used for work, except light pot licking duties, fire hearth rug or lap blanket chores, although it will have plenty of opportunity to run.

These dogs seem to be quite common, but mostly obtained from various rescues. Puppies or younger dogs seem to be relatively hard to get, or I am looking in the wrong places. I don't mind travelling to most parts of Scotland and north of England for the right dog.

So if any of you hear of such a mythical creature I would be grateful to know.

Either PM me here or drop me an email peter at uptofive.co.uk ( sorry if thats not allowed then please remove) and just to help I have added a picture of our last one.

Thanks in advance for any help

Peter

Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by PMcHardy. Reason: duplicate photo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #29397 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re: Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted
What a beautiful looking dog, I hope you find a puppy soon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #29442 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: Re: Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted
Oh wow what a stunner, sorry you lost him,looks so much like my girl Bella who's a bedlington Whippet
This is her on the left with her younger brother Gizmo who lives up the road from us :laugh:

We have just adopted a deerhound greyhound boy from lurcher link and last year got our deerhound girl from pups needing homes, so keep an eye out they do come up in rescue :)

Good luck in your hunt
claire x

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #30292 by Clunie
Clunie replied the topic: Re: Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted
Hi Peter

Any joy in your hunt for the deerhound lurcher? We managed to find one in Stirling pound at Bandeath almost 10 years ago. She was our introduction to deerhounds. The deerhound lurchers are so beautiful and diverse. Anyway good luck.
vicky

• loopylou
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Happiness is a hound..or two.. or three...
More
8 years 1 week ago #30539 by loopylou
loopylou replied the topic: Re: Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted
Hi , if you are still looking there is one here.... Socks

www.lurcherlink.org/llink...pic.php?t=63746

www.lureracing.com
Fast fun on four paws!

• PMcHardy
  • PMcHardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 1 week ago #30545 by PMcHardy
PMcHardy replied the topic: Re: Deer Hound Lurcher Wanted
Thanks, I had already seen socks, He would be ideal, except for one little problem. He is very nervous around some males.

I have discussed it with my wife and she has reluctantly agreed to keep me instead of socks.:S

We are waiting for lurcher link to home check us and then we will just keep an eye on the forums.

Thanks for keeping an eye open

Peter

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds