Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Last Junior in Group

Last Junior in Group 9 years 7 months ago #492

We had 2 shows this weekend. He won BOB both days as Bree pulled up lame on Friday. On Saturday Lockie was absolutely feral. He wouldn't gait properly. kept jumping up and just being a monster. For the Group class it was a run off with a Whippet. As we were running round something spooked him and he lost it totally. He wanted to jump into my arms :S
The judge asked us to do a run up and back and then around to try and settle him and get back into stride but he kept breaking and started jumping up as soon as we had stopped. I couldn't get him stacked and basically knew that we had blown it. BUT we got Junior in Group. I was gobsmacked.
Today Lockie was much better behaved. He moved beautifully but he didn't want to stack today:blink: Nevertheless he made it to the final cut for Group and won Junior again. That was his last Junior class show. He now has to grow up a bit :)
  • Brollachan
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Last Junior in Group 9 years 7 months ago #494

Congratulations on your group wins. You must be delighted. Well done:) Sally
  • sally
  • Limit Boarder
  • Sally

Re:Last Junior in Group 9 years 7 months ago #495

Many congratulations

I could visualize how he was behaving,its a " Deerhound" thing
:)
  • Ardneish

Re:Last Junior in Group 9 years 7 months ago #498

congrats, although I wish you luck with the growing up thing:P I was helping a friend out at a show on Saturday and her 3yr old deerhound did the same thing, he seemed to think it was a test to see how many kisses he could get in. I don't think maturity is their strong point.
  • Bundaleer
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26

Re:Last Junior in Group 9 years 7 months ago #500

Thanks for the congrats. He really was shocking. And many people made comments like"that looked like fun" and "Isn't he a handful" but the Steward said "Ooh I like a naughty puppy" She wouldn't have been saying that if she had been on the other end of the lead :lol: The Steward also told me that the Judge had talked to her and said how much she liked him so I guess I am very lucky that we had a good judge who could see how nice he "could" look. In fact I was lucky as all 3 Judges that we had said nice comments about him.
He is a charmer
  • Brollachan
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds