New puppy

• Willow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4900 by Willow
New puppy was created by Willow
This is our lovely new girl Killoeter Oonagh ,all credit to Nell Macbean she a wonderful pup so well behaved ....wonder how long that will last !! :unsure:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Willow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago - 13 years 1 day ago #4902 by Willow
Replied by Willow on topic Re:New puppy
This was during our little bit of frost we dont get much snow :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by Willow. Reason: spelling

• houndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4903 by houndy
Replied by houndy on topic Re:New puppy
she is lovely - their little faces are to die for :)

• sally
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4905 by sally
Replied by sally on topic Re:New puppy
Beautiful puppy Willow, but then I am biased, she is by Lomond who we bred and he is
a full brother to our claonaiglen Mallie.
Attachments:

• Willow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4907 by Willow
This was during our frosty week we dont get much snow more's the pity
Attachments:

• Willow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4910 by Willow
One of the reasons i wanted her Sally the other having a lovely mum, two lovely parents :)

• Sid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4920 by Sid
Replied by Sid on topic Re:New puppy
She's Kintra's baby, yes? A bonny wee girl indeed and a well-reared pup; you'll have a bit of fun with her. The breeding's very similar to Sue Rose's litter - they're by my Tavish out of Kintra's sister Kyla, aka Poppy the Puppy. Tavish and Lomond are quite closely related - Tavish's mother DownJess is SallyandAlan's Dalesman's litter sister, officially named Dawn. Lomond's by Dalesman's son Dougie, if I remember right?

• sally
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago - 13 years 1 day ago #4921 by sally
You remember right Sid. Dougies reg. name is Orchy.
Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by sally.

• Sid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4926 by Sid
Replied by Sid on topic Re:New puppy
Aw shucks, I try. Saves running off to the Kilbourne site to check every time. Maybe this is a good time to point people in the general direction of the pedigrees bit of the Kilbourne site; it's an invaluable resource and you can waste hours tracking your own (UK-bred mostly, but there are some European and USA listings) dog's relatives right back to the earliest registered Deerhounds. That can be most instructive and it's fascinating once you get to know the dogs behind your own to work out where the good and not so good points came from.

OK. I admit it; I'm a bit of a pedigree anorak. There; I've said it.

• sally
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4928 by sally
Nothing wrong with being an anorak Sid. I like, when I have a couple of hours spare
(doesn't happen very often) to look at my Century of champions books and trace back
my hounds ancestors. It's really interesting to compare the the hounds of days gone by
with the hounds I have at home.

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4930 by verenav
Replied by verenav on topic Re:New puppy
She is a lovely looking pup - congratulations and do have fun !!! Perhaps also a bit related to my ( Chapeltower ) Disa , whose mom is a Killoeter girl - anyways , Disa also sends her greetings !

• wallace
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4940 by wallace
Replied by wallace on topic Re:New puppy
Lovely puppy but then I would be biased I have Killoeter Lurag, and Dalesmans babies.

• Brollachan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #4961 by Brollachan
Replied by Brollachan on topic Re:New puppy
What a nice looking pup. Since 2 of my hounds are from Kilbourne lines I use their pedigree resource :)

• alan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #5022 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:New puppy
Hi Willow, she looks a very sound, substantial pup. I think you mentioned before that you do a bit of showing so I just wondered what your plans are for her?

• Keijke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #5023 by Keijke
Replied by Keijke on topic Re:New puppy
What a beautiful pup she is and it looks really nice when all three are laying down, cute :kiss:

• Willow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 23 hours ago #5026 by Willow
Thanks for all your kind comments. Yes Sid she's a Kintra baby , im hoping to show her but we're going to have a good few months having puppy fun first :silly:

• elvee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #5333 by elvee
Replied by elvee on topic Re:New puppy
Hello Jan,just wondered how your baby has settled in?She's so lovely,I had a pup from Nell's N litter,15mths old now and a gorgeous girl.Don't think you'l have any problems there.

• Willow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #5655 by Willow
Oonagh has settled in fine thanks elvee we are going to training classes which is a laugh if nothing else, she looks down her nose at them all :laugh: just wondering whether to teach her sit as i had a terrier who would sit every time i wanted her to stand!!!The only thing is its easier to then teach her the down. None of my grown ups sit its just not comfy for them what does everyone else do?

• daisymay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #5658 by daisymay
Replied by daisymay on topic Re:New puppy
I was told not to teach Deerhounds (or long lurchers!) to sit as it can strain their spine! Not sure if that is true, but my girls don't tend to sit naturally..... unless of course Elsie Grey is preparing to do one of her famous 'skiddies' along the carpet :ohmy: Her party piece....off she scoots with a silly grin on her face, back legs flapping over her front legs, tail placed nicely to one side....waiting for a round of aplause :woohoo: Always when it is most innapproprate; eg. delighting to show off in front of posh very religious guest at friends tea party :blush: (Please God don't let her do it in the ring at Crufts!!!)

• Brollachan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #5663 by Brollachan
Replied by Brollachan on topic Re:New puppy
I didn't teach ours to sit until they were older. "Stand" is more important for a show dog at puppy stage. The last thing you want is a dog that sits in the ring :) . When I rang the chap about obedience for Lockie, I told him that I didn't want to concentrate on sit because of this. Though at Lockie's age he should be able to tell the difference between the commands.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds