Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Millie

Millie 5 months 3 weeks ago #43609

Hi everyone

I have some very sad news about my beautiful Deerhound X lurcher, Millie. We very sadly had to have her put to sleep in the early hours of Easter Sunday. She suddenly collapsed at home and we rushed her to the emergency vets. The vet said that she was having continuous seizures and she gave Millie drugs to try and stop the seizures. Sadly the treatment didn't work and she was starting to suffer and the vet said that the kindest thing was to have her put to sleep. The vet thinks that she may have had an undetected tumour somewhere, possibly in her brain that had caused the seizures. She had been slowing down and drinking more for the past few months but all tests came back negative. It was just such a shock that she went so quickly and she was still enjoying life. We adopted Millie in February 2010 and we think she was between 12 - 14 years old when she passed away so we feel blessed to have got her to such a ripe old age.

We are all heartbroken, her passing has left a gaping hole in my life :( She was in a terrible state when we first adopted her but with a lot of TLC and bucket loads of patience she eventually transformed into a happy, loving dog that just loved life. I feel so blessed to have had her in my life and the loss I feel is unbearable, I had a very strong bond with her. Our Deerhound Hamish is missing her too and hasn't been eating as well since she has been gone but we are giving him lots of fuss and cuddles and lots of lovely long walks which he is enjoying.

Here are some photos of my lovely Millie xx

Millie enjoying the sunshine in the garden with Hamish

With her companion, Hamish.

Run free over the Rainbow Bridge my beautiful girlie, you will be forever missed xxxxx
  • Lisa
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Lisa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Millie 5 months 3 weeks ago #43610

So sorry to read about Millie. You gave her a lovely life with you and her pal Hamish. The photos are just so lovely. Poor you and poor Hamish. Freya is still a bit mopey after losing Murphy a month ago. However she is coming out of herself again and now eating as normal. Having the wee dog next door to look after for a few days last week helped her.
Thinking of you
  • crackadog
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 258
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa

Millie 5 months 3 weeks ago #43612

Hi crackadog, thanks so much for your kinds words and I'm so sorry that you have lost your lovely Murphy recently. It is just so heart breaking to lose a dog, they are such wonderful companions. I miss Millie terribly and I keep getting upset when I go out walking with my husband and Hamish because I don't have Millie with me. They say that time is a healer and hopfully things will get easier to cope with as time goes on. I think it is the fact that I lost her so suddenly that I find difficult, it was an awful shock and came right out of the blue. She was absolutely fine during the day, there was no warning of what was to come. It has only been 2 weeks since she has been gone and I think I've still got a long way to go until I feel better, I just miss her so much. :(
  • Lisa
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Thank you received: 85

Millie 5 months 3 weeks ago #43613

Its always awful to lose a precious dog and we 'd be a rum lot if we didn't feel their loss. However, in time I guess we remember the good and fun times more than the pain of losing them. When you don't expect it of course you get no time to prepare yourself. Hoping you will take it day by day, cry when you want and you will slowly remember her with a smile.
Take care!
  • crackadog
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 258
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds