Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Professor has written a book, or two...

The Professor has written a book, or two... 1 year 10 months ago #43068

The idea was actually born in this forum, that I should share some of our adventures in a childrens book.
But when I am lucky enough to have a curious and stubborn deerhound who has earned himself the nickname "The Professor" already long time ago, why not let him tell the tales?
And why not start from the start, the time he remembers from his breeder, and then he moves in here?
The first book: "The Professor - moves in" deals with this. It has now been released as an Amazon book
www.amazon.com/gp/product...*=1&*entries*=0
The professor-puppy moves in, experiences the other dogs here and a strange human, he wonders why some water tastes good and other does not, find out that the earth is round, and much more. But can lighthouses really be useful to dogs? And why do we celebrate Christmas?

The second book: "The Professor - goes to school" continues just about where the first book stops, but they can be reaad independent.
www.amazon.com/gp/product...*=1&*entries*=0
Our Professor comes to dog school and learns something that comes useful later. Can that really happen to a deerhound? There are problems though, his leg hurts. What will they do about that? Can old dogs really dive, and do chimney sweeps always bring luck? Why do the Russians like his tail?
The Professor wants to know, and together we find out. Both books have 63 pages.

These books are meant to let children know about the appearently trivial things that happens around us. A dog who wants to know what is under every stone seems a good guide.

Amazon has free reading apps for most platforms. The books are also awailable on amazon.co.uk (for payments in £) and amazon.fr for payments in €.
No printed vesions are awailable.

This is the first time I attempt to write a book, english is not my language, I just want to share some experiences. Will there be more books? That depends on the feedback, We have got adventures enough for some more books, but if you would be interested to read one of the books already awailable I would like some feedback so that possible new books can be improved where this is desirable.
  • KimC
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 314
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by KimC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stussy, Joerg and Yoki, Lieve

The Professor has written a book, or two... 1 year 10 months ago #43070

Kim CONGRATULATIONS! I have already downloaded my copy of your new book from Amazon.com and left a five star review (under my husband's initials TW P). The story is absolutely delightful, really well told, and your illustrations are to be savoured. Wish I had a grandchild to read these stories to but they are to be enjoyed equally by adults. If you don't mind I'd like to post a link and a nudge to My Deerhound World on FaceBook.
Well done Kim,
Shelley Bosetti-Piche
Ironstone Deerhounds
  • Ironstone
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 287
Ironstone Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimC

The Professor has written a book, or two... 1 year 10 months ago #43076

Well, if some of you had not given me the idea to do it ,it had not been there. For now I do not know if there will be more Professor books, maybe if the interest is there. I have pictures enough, and a Deerhound with a nose that wants to know what is under every stone. There is no lack of content to write about.
All versions of the books can be seen here:
www.amazon.com/Kim-Christensen/e/B017370Q7Y

There are also danish versions. As enlish is not my primary langauge, i used google translate to translate from the original english manuscript I wrote, then, if google messes up I knw there is someting real wrong in the english version and can correct it. Then, why now write the translation results from google down, adjust them, and then make a danish version?

I know some find it weird that the books are written in the present tense, but that is how dogs experience tings.

The books are meant to be educative for the reader, and our Professor wants to know about everything. If there is something you want the Professor to find out, let me know. He does not explore royal sleeping rooms though. Leave that to the tabloids!
  • KimC
  • Post Graduate Boarder

The Professor has written a book, or two... 1 year 10 months ago #43078

I just got the first book. Very excited to read it this weekend! Well done. I love the cover picture.
  • Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
  • Thank you received: 193

The Professor has written a book, or two... 1 year 10 months ago #43090

can I read the 'kindle ' version on a laptop or ipad... would be a lovely present for a friends daughter as she adores deerhounds, but I don't think she has kindle?

dh:) dh:)
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167

The Professor has written a book, or two... 1 year 10 months ago #43091

Hello stussy,

Here can you download the Kindle app for computer and smart phone.:

Link: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/digit...cp-landing-page

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy
  • Joerg and Yoki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1391
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimC

The Professor has written a book, or two... 10 months 1 week ago #43432

Our "Professor" has now 4 books where he shares his observations of life.
You can read some trailers on this site (scroll a little down for the egnlish versions):

kim-christensen.dk/udg/udgivelser.htm

At the end of each trailer there are links to sale sites for that particular book.
Or follow the links to Amazon or Saxo.

• KimC
  • Post Graduate Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg and Yoki

The Professor has written a book, or two... 10 months 1 week ago #43433

Thank you Professor.
  • Lieve
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 123
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds