Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Our latest family member!

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42601

I haven't posted here in years - but we have a new pup, so I thought I'd introduce her....

This is Misty, she's now 5 and a half months old and as lovely a little girl as you could ask for:

My old deerie Meg is now getting on towards the 10 year old mark, so we thought it wise to get her a little friend. Should have done it years ago, but there were always reasons. Not very good ones when you think about it!
  • adm
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, stussy, Joerg and Yoki

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42602

Wonderful picture of Misty out and about. Congrats!

How's Meg coming along with her? I'm thinking about adding a pup when my girls are older and would like know if it's a good thing to think about.
  • Pho
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42603

It's been great! Misty has just looked to Meg as her surrogate mother and pretty much literally fallen in behind her. Puppy training has been much easier than it was with Meg.

Meg is very calm, and I think this has definitely influenced Misty as she is wonderfully sociable and well behaved.

I'd say do it for sure....
  • adm
  • Puppy Boarder

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42604

Awww, she looks lovely. Very shapely. What's her breeding?
  • Bodhranlady
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 136

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42605

Mum is Ehlaradawn Raindances and dad is Earl Grey von der Oehlmuhle and there's quite a lot of Kilbourne ancestry in prior generations.

She's just decided she really fancies the roast chicken we are cooking - still at that quite noisy stage where she is very clear about letting her intentions be known!
  • adm
  • Puppy Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodhranlady, Joerg and Yoki

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42606

Hello adm,

Your Misty is very nice and very sweet.

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
  • Joerg and Yoki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1405

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42607

Thanks! She's a lovely (not so) little dog. I just wonder now why we didn't get a pup earlier, but with young kids and stuff it just wasn't the time. So happy we have her now.

Here's a couple more pics - these were all from Littlehampton beach last Sunday.

The old girl (Meg) is quite overweight as she's led a fairly sedentary life for the last five years after a high speed collision with a tree which left her back leg literally hanging off. Still - the pup seems to have given her a new lease of life despite the arthritis. The only downside is that most of the long hair on her back and head has recently been removed by playing with the pup (i.e. her teaching Misty how to chase and kill large animals, and using Meg as the main crash test dummy!)

By the way, Meg was "Maid Marion's Dog" (or at least one of them) in the Ridley Scott "Robin Hood" film a few years ago.
  • adm
  • Puppy Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg and Yoki

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42608

Thanks! She's a lovely (not so) little dog. I just wonder now why we didn't get a pup earlier, but with young kids and stuff it just wasn't the time. So happy we have her now.

Here's a couple more pics - these were all from Littlehampton beach last Sunday.

The old girl (Meg) is quite overweight as she's led a fairly sedentary life for the last five years after a high speed collision with a tree which left her back leg literally hanging off. Still - the pup seems to have given her a new lease of life despite the arthritis. The only downside is that most of the long hair on her back and head has recently been removed by playing with the pup (i.e. her teaching Misty how to chase and kill large animals, and using Meg as the main crash test dummy!)

By the way, Meg was "Maid Marion's Dog" (or at least one of them) in the Ridley Scott "Robin Hood" film a few years ago.

• adm
  • Puppy Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodhranlady, stussy, Joerg and Yoki, Lieve

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42609

One last one....my kids say this is her "dictator" pose for some reason....

• adm
  • Puppy Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg and Yoki, Lieve

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42611

fantastic photos, thanks fort sharing them with us. Misty looks fantastic, nice breeding too, congratulations xxxx
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 715
Wigster n San x

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42612

Love your pics. Especially the one of the baby in the water :)

Intrigued by 'the noisy stage'. Ours have never barked - well, the occasional woof. Can count the number of times our 8yr old has barked on the fingers of one hand. The noise from the squeaky toys however, is bedlam :laugh:
  • Bodhranlady
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 136

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42613

Bodhranlady wrote:
Love your pics. Especially the one of the baby in the water :)

Intrigued by 'the noisy stage'. Ours have never barked - well, the occasional woof. Can count the number of times our 8yr old has barked on the fingers of one hand. The noise from the squeaky toys however, is bedlam :laugh:

Ah....the noisy stage. She's very vocal - not barking, but kind of yowly growling if you know what I mean - sounds a lot like Chewbacca from Star Wars! The funny thing is, Meg did exactly the same when she was young. It was like she was talking to us. Now she just uses "the look".

Meg never barks though - apart from when she wants let out, which is a single deep "woof" and at hot air balloons, which send her running out into the field behind our house where she will bark at them until they are out of sight.
  • adm
  • Puppy Boarder

Our latest family member! 2 years 10 months ago #42614

Congratulations...They are both adorable :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Your old girl looks SO like my old lady Mrs T when she was about 10 dh:) dh:)
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 1.084 seconds