Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Litter. Willow and Angus.

New Litter. Willow and Angus. 5 years 2 months ago #38474

After a fraught weekend nursing pups and Mum, all is well and Willows 4 pups are well and happy.
Up all night on Friday night then Willow want into Labour 0600 Hrs on Saturday morning. Two hours of contractions and it was clear there was a problem, quick dash to the Vets and established it was a breach birth. The vet managed to pull the first pup out at 0930, then the next one was the wrong way round as well, she got that one out at 1030 then the next one came out at 1100, then nothing. Ultrasound revealed another pup high up in the uterus and a long wait ensued. At 1600 was sent home to wait, then the vet decided not to wait any more and another dash to the surgery for a Caesarian section, which went well, done and dusted in a hour. The last pup, a bitch was small and weak and another dash home ensued.
The little one was too weak to suckle, so I tried to bottle feed some nutrolac, the poor little thing could barely swallow and I thought she might die. I bottle fed her all night and by morning she was feeding ok.
Then the task of getting her on to the teat, she had to be held on with an open mouth to feed, so all Sunday and Sunday night was keeping her on a teat and protecting her from all the other little pups who were not needing any encouragement at all!
By Monday morning she had the strength to feed herself. We seem to be out of the woods now.
Attachments:
  • Malcolm
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus. 5 years 2 months ago #38476

Congrats Malcolm and all the best for the pups and the mum.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
  • Joerg and Yoki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1405

Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus. 5 years 2 months ago #38479

Thank you for posting such lovely pictures Malcolm. What an ordeal for all of you - so glad it worked out as it did. I think four pups is a perfect size for a litter. Now you can keep them all :woohoo:

Shelley, with her 7 hooligans in Vancouver :laugh:
  • Ironstone
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 287
Ironstone Deerhounds

Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus. 5 years 2 months ago #38480

Glad all now well and congrats to Willow.
  • crackadog
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 267

Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus. 5 years 2 months ago #38482

Congratulations they are beautiful :-) x
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.704 seconds