New Litter. Willow and Angus.

• Malcolm
  • Malcolm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #38474 by Malcolm
Malcolm created the topic: New Litter. Willow and Angus.
After a fraught weekend nursing pups and Mum, all is well and Willows 4 pups are well and happy.
Up all night on Friday night then Willow want into Labour 0600 Hrs on Saturday morning. Two hours of contractions and it was clear there was a problem, quick dash to the Vets and established it was a breach birth. The vet managed to pull the first pup out at 0930, then the next one was the wrong way round as well, she got that one out at 1030 then the next one came out at 1100, then nothing. Ultrasound revealed another pup high up in the uterus and a long wait ensued. At 1600 was sent home to wait, then the vet decided not to wait any more and another dash to the surgery for a Caesarian section, which went well, done and dusted in a hour. The last pup, a bitch was small and weak and another dash home ensued.
The little one was too weak to suckle, so I tried to bottle feed some nutrolac, the poor little thing could barely swallow and I thought she might die. I bottle fed her all night and by morning she was feeding ok.
Then the task of getting her on to the teat, she had to be held on with an open mouth to feed, so all Sunday and Sunday night was keeping her on a teat and protecting her from all the other little pups who were not needing any encouragement at all!
By Monday morning she had the strength to feed herself. We seem to be out of the woods now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #38476 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus.
Congrats Malcolm and all the best for the pups and the mum.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

More
5 years 8 months ago #38479 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus.
Thank you for posting such lovely pictures Malcolm. What an ordeal for all of you - so glad it worked out as it did. I think four pups is a perfect size for a litter. Now you can keep them all :woohoo:

Shelley, with her 7 hooligans in Vancouver :laugh:

Ironstone Deerhounds

More
5 years 8 months ago #38480 by crackadog
crackadog replied the topic: Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus.
Glad all now well and congrats to Willow.

More
5 years 8 months ago #38482 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: Re: New Litter. Willow and Angus.
Congratulations they are beautiful :-) x

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds