New Claonaiglen Champion

• sally
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #329 by sally
New Claonaiglen Champion was created by sally
Claonaiglen Albyn at Cloweswood is made up to champion to join her litter sister Ch. Claonaiglen Orrin. They are from the first litter we bred.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jacobite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #350 by Jacobite
Replied by Jacobite on topic Re:New Claonaiglen Champion
Hi there, Welldone two champions from you first litter what a wonderful feeling:) Good luck in the future.

Pam

• sally
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #352 by sally
Replied by sally on topic Re:New Claonaiglen Champion
Hi Pam, Thank you. Although a lot a thought is put into which dog is mated with which bitch, a lot of luck is also comes into play. And we feel very lucky that these two knitted so well together especially as we own both the dog and the bitch. Their daughter, Orrin, was made up to champion last year and I still forget to put Ch. in front of her name when I enter her for shows. Fingers crossed (and everything else) that we can repeat it with Orrin's puppies. I hope Orrin's puppies can do as well as their mother and auntie. Their first show is next month and I am getting quite nervous about it. Sally

• Ardneish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #364 by Ardneish
Replied by Ardneish on topic Re:New Claonaiglen Champion
Congratulations Sally

Do not be nervous just get your backside out into the ring with those puppies.

• sally
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #369 by sally
Thanks Bettina, Blunt and to the point as always. Can I pick your brains?
Both puppies had lovely tight, well knuckled feet and plenty of bone. Suileag (bitch puppy) has in the last couple of weeks gone a little down on her pasterns and her front feet have gone slack (she is teething at the moment). Is this normal during teething and is there anything I can do or give her to help her come back up on her pasterns and to tighten her feet back up? Both the puppies have a 100% sterilised bonemeal calcium supplement addded to their feed and have had so since they were weaned. I have never had this happen before (ears can go a bit haywire during teething) and I would like to think she will get back her lovely feet.

Ps. How are your puppies doing? Sally

• Brollachan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #371 by Brollachan
Replied by Brollachan on topic Re:New Claonaiglen Champion
Congratulations on your titles. You must be very proud

• Ardneish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #378 by Ardneish
Replied by Ardneish on topic Re:New Claonaiglen Champion
They do go through these horrible gangly stages, I think this is better than a puppy looking like a mature adult at a young age

I would keep them of concrete

I would not let them run up and down steps etc etc, and not play for hours jumping and beating each other up

I would however encourage them to walk on gravel to help tighten feet, time is the key and a deerhound does need some spring in the pastern, just take a look at any attenbourough doc, and see the spring in the pastern of a lion, tiger etc etc , there has to be some give its very important to structure

And I would give them time

x

• sally
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #380 by sally
Thanks Bettina, Do you mean on or off concrete. They are on a concrete run. They don't run up or down steps but they do play pretty rough together. Should I split them up? Sally

More
13 years 4 months ago #588 by Clunie
Replied by Clunie on topic Re:New Claonaiglen Champion
Hi Sally
Thanks for your advice re ringcraft classes.

However what I was going to ask was, have you shown the puppies yet? Or is it just about to happen - if so all the best. If they have already been shown how did they do? How old are they?

Vicky

• sally
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #592 by sally
Hi Vicky, The pups were 6mths old on the 2nd of July. Finnan (dog) has his first outing at Evesham Open show next Sunday and then he is going to East of England Champ show on 15 July. I am just about to do his ears for the first time (it could take a while). Suileag (bitch) won't be out for a while yet. She has been entered for some shows but she is not quite ready yet so she is going to stay at home for a while longer. She has come back up on her pasterns but her feet still need to tighten a bit more. Sally

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds