Stafford show

• RachelluvsDeerhounds
  • RachelluvsDeerhounds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 10 months ago #313 by RachelluvsDeerhounds
RachelluvsDeerhounds created the topic: Stafford show
We went to the show it was pouring down and I was very nervous but everyone was very kind and really helped me (including ear plucking)We got two firsts and we were supposed to go in for the hound group puppy but Raven was really wet so we took him home. Ravens breeder was there and she gave me a Deerhound clip for putting my show number on she said she had worn it when hers were made champions I was chuffed and hope it brings me luck too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #314 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re:Stafford show
Well done, see it wasnt that bad!! Firsts? That is absolutely amazing, what is your puppies KC name?
Can you send me that ring clip, I've only managed 2nd's at best!!!

• RachelluvsDeerhounds
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 10 months ago #315 by RachelluvsDeerhounds
RachelluvsDeerhounds replied the topic: Re:Stafford show
Thanks, his kennel name is Greyflax Bay. Sorry but I'll be hanging on to the clip I need all the luck I can get lol Whats you Deerhounds name?

More
9 years 10 months ago #316 by Lurch8252
Mine is Ladygrove Phantom. Greyflax do well in the show, did well at Crufts this year. I'll look out for you at the shows. Are you going to East of England? Do you live up North'? I live in Watford.
This is my first Deerhound, so all this showing is new to me too. Mine used to be so sick in the car, it really wasn't worth attempting to travl more than 5 minutes with him, he is fine now, he'll be going on a big boat to Ireland soon! When is your next show, I've got Southampton soon.
Good luck with the showing

More
9 years 10 months ago #318 by Elise
Elise replied the topic: Re:Stafford show
Well done that's excellent. We're not showing much at the moment but we'll be at Stafford in early August our next show. Maybe see you there getting a few more red tickets!

• RachelluvsDeerhounds
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 10 months ago #319 by RachelluvsDeerhounds
RachelluvsDeerhounds replied the topic: Re:Stafford show
To answer your questions I live in the North West so Southampton is too far, I rely on my dad and theres a limit to how far I can beg a lift lol. I've sent off for a schedule for Stafford in August but championship shows are a lot bigger arn't they? Have to get in a lot more practice Raven is quite naughty and very lively due to the bad company he keeps namely my mums German Shepherd also Raven is being trained for tracking he's off on a few days course for Tracking and search and rescue type stuff in July with my mum her dog and dad mums going to film Raven and dad and put them on You Tube for a laugh :laugh: Dad's not very good with dogs to say the least so it should be very amusing!

More
9 years 10 months ago #321 by Lurch8252
That's brilliant about the tracking, it sounds good fun, I love to see dogs work, especially the Police dogs! Can't wait to see it on youtube. Don't worry about him being naughty, they are all naughty. Judges don't frown upon it, it would be so unusual to see a exceptionally well behaved puppy at a show, championship or not, thy all like to wriggle when touched, after all they are what they are, puppies!!
Murphy was the puppy from hell, literally. It's because they grow so fast, they seem older than what they are, they can reach things more easily, hence getting into more trouble!! They do grow out of it, Murphy has just turned 3 and is a laid back boy now, he has been like that for about a year, he grew up once we got a new Border Terrier puppy. If I said to my husband we are getting another Deerhoun puppy, I think he would divorce me, watch this space.....! He is still no angel and is still partial the the bin and I have caught him getting things down for the little one to play with, knowing full well he'll get told off for it, but to what he was, he is much better. I don't think I have ever heard of a good Deerhound puppy, though we may now get posts from people that have had one...........

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
9 years 10 months ago #328 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Re:Stafford show
I'll put a link to the video on here if you like. Let us know how it goes and when you've got the video uploaded.
Thanks
Rob

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds