Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: For sale

For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3007

Nell McBean (Killoeter Deerhounds) has two dog puppies for sale.
By Claonaiglen Lomond X killoeter Kintra.
11 weeks old. KC Registered, Fully innoculated and liver shunt tested. £650.00.
Attachments:
  • sally
  • Limit Boarder
  • Sally
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by sally.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3008

Dog puppy Two
Attachments:
  • sally
  • Limit Boarder
  • Sally
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by sally.

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3009

Claonaiglen Lomond. Sire to Killoeter puppies.
Attachments:
  • sally
  • Limit Boarder
  • Sally
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by sally. Reason: change photo

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3010

sally wrote:
Dog puppy Two
  • sally
  • Limit Boarder
  • Sally

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3012

So so adorable, would take them both if possible, but can't. So tempting though!
Hopefully someone will take them home......
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3075

Oooh if only I could afford to import one.
  • Brollachan
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3111

Nice to see people selling deerhounds at a realistic price for a change
  • houndy

Re:For sale 9 years 1 week ago #3114

Great looking dogs.........bet you dont have them for long...lol.
  • chilliwoman
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Never judge a book by its cover.........always look deeper![url][/url]www.chillifundamentals.co.uk

Re:For sale 9 years 6 days ago #3147

*Gulp*.... im pretty sure that now is the wrong time for me - can dog pup 2 be frozen in time for 6 months please?

(Or would someone like to persuade me that a hooligan of a 15 month old bitch WONT regress with the introduction of 12 week old sidekick/partner in crime.... )
  • Emmabeth
  • Junior Boarder

Re:For sale 9 years 6 days ago #3150

Sorry Emmabeth but if Kelda is anything like her brother Mack not only will she regress but she'll be worse than the puppy!!

Also I think people should be allowed to pay for puppies in installments after all there is a credit crunch :) :)
  • MrsMc

Re:For sale 9 years 6 days ago #3152

Sounds a nice idea re paying for puppies in installments but in reality it would not
work. Breeders put a lot of thought and money into breeding. Not only do we have
the cost of the stud fee and vets bills but there is also worming, shunt tests, innoculations, KC registrations and feeding the best quality food that money can buy.
Itis not cheap rearing Deerhound puppies, you only get out what you put in and Deerhound puppies have to be reared well. Also Deerhound puppies are kept by the breeder for longer than most other breeds. What would happen to the puppy if the new owner defaulted on
payments?

Realistically, If one cannot afford the cost of a Deerhound puppy one shouldn't be
buying one. The expense does not end once the puppy has been bought. Deerhounds are
slow to mature and for a Deerhound to reach maturity and it's maximum potential costs
money and lots of it.
  • sally
  • Limit Boarder
  • Sally

Re:For sale 9 years 6 days ago #3154

Sorry Sally it was just tongue in cheek. :) I don't think anyone would let a pup go without full payment unless A) they didn't need the money or b) they knew the person well enough to know they would pay up.

If you don't have the money to pay up front it is probably not a good idea to get one as expensive accidents can happen even with insurance.
  • MrsMc

Re:For sale 9 years 5 days ago #3157

I know people think Deerhounds are expensive to buy, but in reality look at other breeds of dogs, some go or extortionate amounts of money. If you are paying £750-£800 for a dog you are more likely to be the right person. From a breeders point of view (I am not a breeder!) surely if someone is willing to pay that amount for one of your pups, they are more likely to love it and look after it properly.

There are many abused and neglected dogs out there that cost peanuts in comparison
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder

Re:For sale 9 years 5 days ago #3160

Lurch8252 wrote:
I know people think Deerhounds are expensive to buy, but in reality look at other breeds of dogs, some go or extortionate amounts of money. If you are paying £750-£800 for a dog you are more likely to be the right person. From a breeders point of view (I am not a breeder!) surely if someone is willing to pay that amount for one of your pups, they are more likely to love it and look after it properly.

There are many abused and neglected dogs out there that cost peanuts in comparison

You would think that because someone pays a lot of money for a dog that they would love and look after it but I don't think that is always the case. Some breeds are in fashion eg dalmations when the film 101 dalmations came out ect ect - people buy them then realise that the dog doesn't suit their lifestyle or whatever and into rescue they go. That does not seem to be the case with Deerhounds luckily.

I am aware of how much it costs to well raise a D/H but do not think a thousand pounds a pup is justifiable and especially when there are 10+ in the litter. Most D/H pups are fetching 700 - 850 which is a fair price - anything over that is just greed IMHO
  • houndy

Re:For sale 9 years 5 days ago #3168

When I bought Murphy, he was my breeders first taste at breeding. She had been scanned for 7 pups, when the day came, only 6 pups were there, had died. The first one got stuck, he died, the 2nd who was stuck behind the 1st, also died shortly after birth, this left 4 pups needing to be born urgently. A vet was called, a c section performed and 4 healthy pups were born. Now the cost is mounting up. Deerhounds, from what I have been told are a little bit more 'delicate' when it comes to giving birth and not without problems.

Bear in mind liver shunt test, factor v11 tests, chipped, innoculated and all the feeding and caring that goes into rearing them for the 12 weeks. I dont know any DH breeder that has 'made money' out of having alitter, most do it to keep their lines they aren't like Labradors, 2 a penny.

£1000 seems extortionate, I for one wouldnt pay it.
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder

Re:For sale 9 years 5 days ago #3169

Having been on both sides of the breeding/owning - I must say that the price of a dog from a reputable breeder, with good healthy bloodlines is worth more than a few thousand dollars. I have always said that a breeder who is 'making money' is doing something wrong. Also consider that both male and female need to be champions first - that isn't free, then pens, crates, vet, food, shots, grooming gear, cost of hotels and travel for shows...on and on. So...the almighty dollar hasn't got a thing to do...but there needs to be a fair price for the breed, and cheap isn't the answer - in my opinion.
Cassandra
  • cassandra1260

Re:For sale 8 years 8 months ago #9628

Daisy was the dearest we had seen at £900 but saying that she was their pick of the litter and they had brought her on a bit with training etc. She had also had all her innoculations etc. It was a reluctant sale on their part really and a massive favour to us to let her go as she was just what we wanted at that time.

When you have them you just think they are worth every penny :) I would definitely buy one from Kingrock again as they are really lovely and always enquire after Daisy and are always on hand if you need advice as any good breeder should be. They even came over for my first show to support me which was really appreciated.
  • MrsMc

Re:For sale 8 years 8 months ago #9632

on the whole i dont think DH are to highly priced ,not when you see adverts for labadoodles and cockerpoos as high as £800 they are only crossbreeds after all.:)
  • cal
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14

Re:For sale 8 years 8 months ago #9753

I would sooooo like another puppy, all this is making me broody :ohmy: But, it would be too selfish at the moment as Elsie Grey is still such a baby at 18mths & a new puppy would not get any peace, she would want to play all the time! So I shall be good and wait :(
It's a good job Nell is so far away from me, if I saw them I might not be so sensible! :laugh:
  • daisymay
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 130

For sale 1 year 2 months ago #43362

Hi is puppy 1 still for sale please
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 1.024 seconds