Only a tiny bit of news.

• MrsMc
  • MrsMc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 weeks ago #2834 by MrsMc
MrsMc created the topic: Only a tiny bit of news.
After the wonders of the wins previously shown on this forum I wondered if I could share my little news.

On the face of it not anything great as Daisy came 2nd out of two, but she was an absolute diamond. She stood like a rock and the judge was lovely with her.

She moved beautifully and I was so proud of her as it was indoors at a sports hall and she didn't like the echoing around the room.

At the end the judge said before she awarded the rosettes that she just wanted to point out that the other bitch (10mths) had won it on age (whatever that means) but that she "loved my baby" (her words).

I was walking on air. She's still only in her 6th month.

Someone said they will try to send me a video that they took so I'll see if I can do anything with it to post.

Sara :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• houndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 weeks ago #2838 by houndy
houndy replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Fantastic! I bet you are over the moon - well done :)

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #2842 by Sid
Sid replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Well done Daisy and well done you. At that age to get a puppy to stand for the judge is an achievement. Well do I remember Tavish's first outing at Blackpool under Liz Cartledge - it was quite a performance and involved much dancing, twirling about on the end of the lead and zooming off at tangents. But hey, puppies do that and he had such fun.

Remember that judge and show under her again when Daisy's older. It sounds as though she really liked her.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #2849 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Well done Sara was it as bad as you thought???

It seems you had good fun you learn so much watching the others! and my dog also hates noisy halls

• MrsMc
  • MrsMc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 weeks ago #2851 by MrsMc
MrsMc replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Yes it was fun. I think I was ateeny bit dissapointed as Daisy was as big as the other dog and to my mind behaved better but the judge just seems to think "baby" and I don't think she took her entry very seriously. I was very proud of her though.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #2863 by Elise
Elise replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Well done what an excellent start. It's quite an achievement to have things go so well in a difficult indoor environment.

I've blocked out most of my attempts at showing a puppy for the first time due I think to problems in keeping legs on the ground and in the ring!

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2864 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Well I know there were 2 in her class but its a 2nd! Thats what I say anyway when I get 2/2!!! I omit the bit "there were only 2 in the class"
We all think our dogs are the best! and they are, I couldn't be a judge, I love them all!
Only once have I said to myself, I like that dog, I'd pick him and that was to Florents dog Barna'b at the Breed Show, incidentally he did come first and I got a 2nd!! so perhaps I am learning, oh and for once, there were about 15 dogs in our class!!!

All good practice for you and puppy, when is your next show?

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2871 by Brollachan
Brollachan replied the topic: Re:Only a tiny bit of news.
Big congratulations for Daisy. Even if you don't win as long as you know that you and your dog did the best that you can, then it was a good day. It's always good to have a ribbon but I can be happy just knowing that my dogs showed well.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds