Time for a wee brag

• Trafalgarhills
  • Trafalgarhills's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
9 years 2 days ago #15862 by Trafalgarhills
Trafalgarhills created the topic: Time for a wee brag
Great news!!! Faye got her 8th CC last weekend, so is now "unofficially" a wee champ!! She can't be an official one till she is one year old so we have to wait till Feb. Jag is on 6, and not impressed.... So far judges comments have included (Faye) "fantastic skull and neck", "shows huge promise to go really far in the show ring", "great X factor", "superb head and top line" and (Jag) "great to see such good teeth", "nice to see a classic deerhound again". The shows have all been under international judges so full credit to Pam and Dave Moffitt of Jacobite kennels for breeding Faye and to Richard and Graeme at Mapleridge for Jag.

Of course as always "things" that can only happen to me happened to me at the weekend. We've had a hellish fortnight weather wise, snow, and non-stop rain, gales etc and my dodgy knees have been well, dodgy. All was well, till i was asked to trot Jag up to the judge , and my knee locked then gave out, so I hirpled (great scottish word, describes what it sounds like) round the ring, stood jag up, then hirpled my way through a triangle, etc. When the judge came to inspect Jag he says "amazing creatures, deerhounds, aren't they?, you could crawl round the ring and they'd follow you..." My knee then returned to normal and I think he thought I was after a sympathy vote. Needless to say Faye got BOB.

My ring craft is getting better - despite everyone's advice and all my prep it has been a huge learning curve!! and I have filtered all the advice to what seems to be working for me. Also been op-shopping and picked up some rather nice tweed "troosers" and a smart designer label blouse for $14 - bargain!!

What do other people wear to show in??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 days ago #15865 by Jacobite
Jacobite replied the topic: Re:Time for a wee brag
Jenny,
nicely done !
I agree with everything the judges have said about Faye...... :) :huh:
I am never going to forget that litter......

It really makes it all worth-while that you enjoy her so much and that She has given you such good times. BTW did I tell you that you will never want to be without a Deerie from now on ?????????? Tell me I am wrong......

How about some pics ??

Dave

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds

More
9 years 1 day ago #15890 by wallace
wallace replied the topic: Re:Time for a wee brag
Wow congratulations. you must be really proud. :) Pictures would be good. :) Please they are Deerhounds not deeries reminds me of some old ladies, as I am one I would not like to be called a deerie. :ohmy: Clothes to wear, I wear trousers, jacket and blouse/shirt or jumper depending on the weather. I never wear grey as I do not want to end up blending with the dog and having the judge look at 6 grey legs. :cheer:

More
9 years 1 day ago #15904 by Brollachan
Brollachan replied the topic: Re:Time for a wee brag
Huge congratulations on Faye's soon to be title. :)

• poppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 21 hours ago #15909 by poppy
poppy replied the topic: Re: Time for a wee brag
Excellent result - would love to see a picture please!
where do u live? I am down in the southern part of NZ with Poppy(Saluki) and Twiggy (DH 9mths)
I hear that there have been no DHs at the recient shows here. At the end of Nov there is a hound show in Dn. so may go in to the city with the hope of meeting some others. Would be good to let Twiggy and myself get the feel of things at a dog show. Twiggy's front can be a bit east west sometimes. I do hope this will come right - she has lots of unforst running over open country and plenty of good food, so shall just have to wait and see. Has anyone had any problems with this?

Best, Annette Joel.

• deerfan
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Totaly crazy about deerhounds
More
8 years 11 months ago #15957 by deerfan
deerfan replied the topic: Re:Time for a wee brag
impressive congratulation would like pictures too

Aghnadarragh deerhounds and catherine
Fiona, Grèine, Hinney and Isold

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds