Your first Deerhound/Dog?

More
9 years 5 months ago #16846 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: Re:Your first Deerhound/Dog?
My first was Daniel the spaniel (welsh springer) that my parents took my brother and i to choose, he has a crazy boy so much fun when we were kids!

Then i left home and moved to cornwall and got Stussy a lurcher as a puppy, bringing up a pup whilst living in a camper was interesting to say the least, she was allways compleatly mad up until her last week when we had to say bye 2 years ago :(
When stussy was about 2 we got paige our collie x we lost this year a rescue and once early problems settled turned into the best dog we could have wished for B)
Then came tara a belgian shepherd we lost her about 5 years back, again a rescue and so very nervous at first but was a great huggy bear and mrs T very much reminds me of her
We also had a deerhound x boy about 8 years ago from a rescue and that lasted about a month as he kept attacking our girls and running off to the house of a local labrador boy he met on walks - i think he was in love :laugh: anyway the couple with the lab fell in love with him and frombeing a nightmare at our house turned into an angel, he obviously was not a fan of ladies!! :laugh: i still see him on occassion pottering about altho he now has a new boyfriend :laugh:

Bella and willow the beddy whippet pups arrived in the last couple of years ( i still call them pups even though they are 1 and 1 and a half! ) and then the lovely mrs T came from rescue this year

I would soooo love another deerhound, but now mrs T likes sleeping on the bed i think my oh may leave home if i try for another :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #18300 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re:Your first Deerhound/Dog?
Our first dog was a West Highland Terrier and the second a little Poodle.(Sorry, I have not digital pictures from this dogs)

The next dogs was 2 Standard Poodles and a Miniature Poodle.The Standard Poodles died 2008 and 2009. My absolut favorite Poodle was Lotte.

The picture is from 2004 by a travel through Sweden - Joerg with Evita(from Spain, left), Kira (from Germany,middle) and Lotte(from Denmark, right)

This are our Greyhounds from swedish breeders.

The picture is from 2008 of our ground in Bad Lausick, Germany - Tracy (left) and Pauline(right).

Our first Deerhound is my lovely Yoki form Fritzens Deerhounds.

Yoki with 9 weeks in January 2010.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19512 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re:Your first Deerhound/Dog?
Hello,

I have an old photo from our first dog, West Highland Terrier - "Terry", scanned.
Sorry for the quality, the picture is over 20 years old.

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 day ago #33960 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re: Your first Deerhound/Dog?

Elise wrote: I thought it would be interesting/embarrassing to have a look back at info about the first deerhound / dog that you owned.

In my case the first family dogs were Biddy (a Cairn Terrier) and Blythe (a Wire Haired fox Terrier). Biddy was a total escapologist and certainly didn't hold back with the odd bite or two! Blythe though was a sweet natured thing. So here's a picture taken nearly 30 years ago (doesn't time fly when you're having fun) with me, Biddy and Blythe.

I'm the one on the left.

Hello Elise,
This is a very nice picture with you and the Terriers.

Our first dog was a Terrier also.
We had a West Highland White Terrier.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki dh:)

• Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #34055 by Trowsahound
Trowsahound replied the topic: Re: Your first Deerhound/Dog?
My first dogs were all rescues as my family had a 'rescue only' policy at the time, so a wide variety of strange, sweet and sometimes slightly disturbed canines lived with us for many years in the 60s and 70s :laugh: !
Finally in the 1990s I decided to treat myself to a pedigree and I had been longing for a deerhound after encountering them at Crufts (Olympia) when I was a student in London. Here is my first Deerhound Dougal (Aviva Orange Larch), who sadly died only 6 years old of Cardiomyopathy. Flora- right, (Kilbourn Calico) was a youngster in this photo taken on the Isle of Skye where we go on annual holidays, she lived till 10 years old but broke my heart when she died as I totally adored her. Rufus the lurcher was an RSPCA rescue and lived to 17 years old - thats the beauty of mutts for you! I cant live without deerhounds these days, they are completely addictive.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
7 years 8 months ago #35027 by Jacobite
Jacobite replied the topic: Re: Your first Deerhound/Dog?
This is our first dog, we called her Dizzy, which suited her very well.......very expressive face. We both loved her.
The baby is our first Son.

Dave

Pam and Dave Moffitt

Jacobite Deerhounds
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
7 years 8 months ago #35041 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re: Your first Deerhound/Dog?
Very nice photo Dave, thanks for sharing.

Regards
Joerg, Lucy and Yoki dh:) dh:)

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds