homes needed

• wallace
  • wallace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limit Boarder
  • Limit Boarder
More
3 years 10 months ago #42125 by wallace
wallace created the topic: homes needed
If anybody wants good lurchers, either contact Arundawn dog rescue or Liza Faircloth they can give you details. dh:) dh:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stussy, 3HOUNDS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #42131 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: homes needed
They have some crackers at the moment and an adorable pup!!

I need to grow some extra arms so I can up my dog allowance!! :(

More
3 years 10 months ago #42133 by crackadog
crackadog replied the topic: homes needed
A new pup??? I think we need some details and the odd photo!

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #42293 by 3HOUNDS
3HOUNDS replied the topic: homes needed
If anyone knows of a rescue who tends to get this type, or a shaggy lurcher who is I'd love to hear about them. Tempted to get one, smallish, after our Deerhound/GH Longdog was attacked and had to be pts. Many are too young and our greys don't like boisterous ones. :huh:

Thank you and we might casually look for a middle aged hairy who would settle in with not too much bother so we'll bear these in mind. :)
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by 3HOUNDS.

• loopylou
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Happiness is a hound..or two.. or three...
More
3 years 7 months ago #42296 by loopylou
loopylou replied the topic: homes needed
Fabulous dog at Arundawn...
See below. C

ut & Pasted
He has been here 6 days today and has proved to be the most easy, biddable & steady chap. He is young approx, 1yrs old. He is VERY cuddly and affectionate. He likes human company but has been left up to - so far 3hrs and is not bothered and is totally non destructive. He has been completely clean in the house. He is currently living with an entire male and two female Deerhounds without any problems. He could easily be an only dog and on walks has met very small fluffy dogs and shown zero interest. He doesn't know how to play with toys and has only just started really wagging his tail. I had a little game around the garden table with him this morning so I think he just needs more time to learn about the fun things in life! He is bombproof with children, in the car, having his nails done, being bathed etc and knows basic commands. He had an ear infection which he has been good as gold to treat even though it was quite inflamed , he has never complained even when the vet accidently poked him quite hard in the ear! He is very thin and a bit obsessed with food at the moment but can be fed around the others. He is just very hungry! He is totally unfit and is currently only walking for 10 mins twice a day and would need to continue to get fit slowly in his new home. He will become more lively I am sure as he gets fitter and fatter but he just has a very steady outlook and I don't think that will change. Apart from not being cat friendly he is pretty much the perfect dog and I hope a truly appreciative home is out there for him. He really deserves it.

www.lureracing.com
Fast fun on four paws!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki, 3HOUNDS

More
3 years 7 months ago #42297 by 3HOUNDS
Bother, another very young handsome boy!

I have been checking their website after it was mentioned on here but they say no updates until 30th due to holidays so where did you find this? We don't do Facebook etc.
Heather

• loopylou
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Happiness is a hound..or two.. or three...
More
3 years 7 months ago #42298 by loopylou
loopylou replied the topic: homes needed
Hi, that is his update above as he is now in foster. If you would like to know more contact Elaine at Arundawn or me here. x

www.lureracing.com
Fast fun on four paws!

More
3 years 7 months ago #42299 by crackadog
crackadog replied the topic: homes needed
He does look a lovely chap. Hope someone is able to offer him a permanent home soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
3 years 7 months ago #42300 by Clunie
Clunie replied the topic: homes needed
OMG at firstI thought it was our Fynn, whom we lost 5 years ago. He is gorgeous but looks quite a small lurcher? I hope that he gets his forever home soon. Good luck, boy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #42313 by 3HOUNDS
Every day I still miss my dearest deerhound/greyhoundx who was killed & shudder at her horrific parting. My husband and the two boy greys needed something to help them and we managed to find a small greyhound bitch, only 25 tts and she has cheered them up no end. I long for the company that Smokey gave me with her gentle games, little nibbles, her lust for life and the way she "talked".

Been looking at all the rescue websites but the dogs are all so young! Puppies galore or up to 3yrs. I saw the most magnificent hairy hound on the Dogs Trust website, 'phoned but he'd just been reserved. He was 8yrs so that would have been wonderful but might have been too tall, never know now. If we go up to four hounds the next one will have to be about 25 to allow for car space. I think I'll stop looking because the right combination doesn't seem to be around and also I don't think we'd manage four to go on self catering holidays.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by 3HOUNDS. Reason: typing error

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds