Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen

• feldandjack
  • feldandjack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #24606 by feldandjack
feldandjack created the topic: Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
The Eagle of the Ninth is not being released until Feb 2011. I'm most peed off as this means we have even longer to wait to see Cara, Bryn and Archie on the big screen :(

The delay has been blamed on the lack of takings at recent movie releases and problems with the editing. Filming in the North of Scotland was always going to be 'difficult' and the trend for us to have all seasons in one hour was always going to be tricky.

I hope they decide to re shoot some bits, then me and the dogs can have another holiday. I think it would be better if they added more dogs, but I don't think Kevin MacDonald will be seeking my opinion :P

Cara is just going to have to wait to see if she gets a film star interview. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #24608 by chook
chook replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
Just been looking at the production stills, it looks like its going to be good,
feb next year isnt that long to wait, it will be hear before you know it :)

Jane

More
8 years 5 months ago #24609 by Sid
Sid replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
And if they need more dogs, the whole Rumbling Bridge crowd will be rushing to volunteer.

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #24610 by feldandjack
feldandjack replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
Kevins lure machine would have come in handy for the running shots. It would have saved me running up and down hills while some poor bu@@er tried to keep a hold of the dogs until they were ready to film :blush:

Heather may be soft to be pulled over in to, but it really hurts when your dragged through it. To save me going back and forth too often they suggested someone collects the dogs from me and walks them back to the start point, then I start shouting on them and the person lets them go when filming starts.....sounds fine, but between me and the starting point was half a mile of boggy heather and of course there were many many takes. The poor bu@@er trudging up and down was soaked after two takes.

Your right, 2011 is not that far away. It's better they get it right before release or it may go right in to Blockbusters DVD bin. :unsure:

I still think the Rumblingbride mob charging over a soggy hill would have seen off any number of Romans :laugh:

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #24614 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
feldandjack wrote:

I still think the Rumblingbride mob charging over a soggy hill would have seen off any number of Romans :laugh:

As an occaissonal Rumbler myself,just what are you insinuating?

:laugh: :P

More
8 years 5 months ago #24619 by suerose
suerose replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
am I that scary

More
8 years 5 months ago #24623 by Sid
Sid replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
Hell, no, Sue. It's Anne and me he means!

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #24630 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
Sid wrote:

Hey Sid,dont drag me into it,just quoting Anne,it's all her fault.. :laugh: Everyone knows the Romans were a bunch of softies in skirts..

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #24637 by feldandjack
feldandjack replied the topic: Re:Cara n Bryn have to wait to be seen on big screen
hairybeasty wrote:

Sid wrote:

Hey Sid,dont drag me into it,just quoting Anne,it's all her fault.. :laugh: Everyone knows the Romans were a bunch of softies in skirts..

You know your stuff HB

Cara and co. were the dogs of the Scottish savages. During the big fights the Romans (proper historical actor types) were up against the Seal warriors (Extras fi Glasgow) and I must say the fighting was a tad 'dirty' at times and the Romans did indeed take a walloping.

While the Seal warriors were holding the dogs out of the water, between takes, to keep them warm, a Roman actor chap was heard saying "They're just dogs" !!!! That was a particularly nasty battle ;)

PS the Romans also had long hair to go with their skirts

PPS It's NEVER my fault

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #24648 by hairybeasty
feldandjack wrote:

You know your stuff HB

Cara and co. were the dogs of the Scottish savages. During the big fights the Romans (proper historical actor types)

Is that historical or hysterical? :laugh:

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #25831 by hairybeasty
Done any more doggy diva-style filming then,or is it all up to the producers and editors now?

• feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #25836 by feldandjack
hairybeasty wrote:

Done any more doggy diva-style filming then,or is it all up to the producers and editors now?

Up to the cutters and editors now, film not due out til Feb 2011 :(

Another agent called and asked for photos for a wee studio shoot next week, but he's not got back in touch so I guess the dogs weren't the type the director wanted. Just as well as Cara is sporting a baldy head and red legs the now, thanks to a reaction to something in the fields :unsure:

It was a fluke he got my number, on Thursday the agent was collecting two horses from a friend of mine, for filming through the west, he noticed her lurcher and mentioned that he had been trying to trace some lurchers that were on the Eagle of the Ninth film (he'd supplied the sheep and cows)My friends daughter said "They were Annes dogs" :blink:

Feb seems a long time away :(

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds