Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Canine health related discussions

TOPIC: Worming

Worming 7 months 4 weeks ago #43578

Hi all,
I wonder can anyone advise regarding worming with Advocate, I have heard varying reports on side effects. My pup is 4months old, look forward to hearing from you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Worming 7 months 4 weeks ago #43579

Advocate treats fleas as well as worms etc I have only heard good reports though,if you just want a wormer then I must recommend Milbemax it treats roundworm,hookworm,whipworm,tapeworm,and it also helps to reduce the infection of lungworm,heartworm,also I have used the Drontal XL wormer in the past,as regards flea treatment I use Frontline.Just to add as far as I am aware Milbemax can also be used as a course of treatment for lungworm,heartworm although I have not known any one with a dog in the UK with either of 1 of these 2 parasites unless some one on this forum knows other wise etc then please let us know,atb.
  • trevor
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 57
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by trevor.

Worming 7 months 2 weeks ago #43585

I use Drontal and for the deerhound Drontal Plus(. We used advantix when we were going to France to treat against sand flies.
My deerhound is allergic to Stronghold and Milbumax -which contains the same chemical. Both cause her to fit but she is fine with the other ones.
  • crackadog
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 259

Worming 7 months 1 day ago #43602

I use Drontal XL, I buy online from MedicAnimal or Vetmedic. I also use Advocate maybe twice per year as I thought that did the lungworm too.
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds