• Ackers
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #38420 by Ackers
Pooing and Weeing In the House was created by Ackers
Hi All,

I am at my wits end as Logan is adorable in every way but at the moment everytime we get up in the morning he has poohed and wee'd but he has not done this since he was a puppy and he is 20 months now.

It has been a problem on and off for the last few months and but is getting worse. We had with some success made a fuss of him and given him treats when we got up or got home and he had been good and this seemed to be working but now there is no opportunity to praise him. He goes for a walk before bed but I don't think it is need as yesterday he was alone for 30 minuted between our going out and my daughter coming home and he had poohed and wee'd despite having been out in the garden for an hour before we went out.

We work from home so he is rarely left, he has a 5 year old male whippet as a play mate who he loves, the garden is massive (1 acre), we live on the beach, and we love him to bits. He is well behaved in every other way he does not chew, he comes back when called and so we have no idea what is going on but Logan's Wees and Poohs are massive so we have to do something it is making us really miserable.

Advice would be appreciated from this confused Deerhound lover.

David & Liz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LindsayP
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #38424 by LindsayP
Replied by LindsayP on topic Re: Pooing and Weeing In the House
I am no deerhound expert...just bringing up my first deerhound puppy having had deerhound cross lurchers previously, I have probably broken every rule in the book by allowing my little one to sleep on the end of my bed but it means I wake up as soon as she does and can let her straight outside in the morning when she wakes. So far we have had no night time/early morning accidents. Given that sharing your bed might not be the ideal solution, have you considered using a large dog crate for him to sleep in....friends that have used these found them an ideal solution as dogs generally wont mess in their own bed . Hope things improve soon :unsure:

More
8 years 5 months ago #38435 by Lurch8252
Replied by Lurch8252 on topic Re: Pooing and Weeing In the House
I really feel for you as I think Deerhound poohs and wees are so big, it must be awful to get up to that.
I have been extremely lucky with mine, he never did it from day 1 in the house and to be honest, not heard of this one before. Are you sure it isn't something medical? They generally are very clean animals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie

More
8 years 5 months ago #38441 by Neil
Replied by Neil on topic Re: Pooing and Weeing In the House
I agree with Lurch, Finn had a couple of accidents when we first got him, rarely he can be caught short (esp if he has eaten something he shouldn't have) and he is usually so upset when it happens.
If he is persistently having accidents I think I would make a visit to the vet. It may not be medical but clearly something is upsetting him.

Not trying to make light of this topic but the funniest 'accident' was the confusion over the Christmas tree when we put it in the hall. Fortunately, the lights weren't on!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds