itchy face

• cal
  • cal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Under Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #37894 by cal
itchy face was created by cal
advice please, last year kira started to itch on one side of her face taking out her fur she looked liked i had shaved her. vet said it was possibly mange so all dogs were treated, kira did stop itching and over atime fur grew back ,no problems in winter months. Now its started again same time as last year, shes scratching the same side of her face again no were else. none of the others are scratching they all have been treated for fleas, iwas just wondering if this was just a summer itch she gets has it only happens this time of year, :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #37895 by crackadog
Replied by crackadog on topic Re: itchy face
sounds like an allergic thing - have they been cutting the hay /crops around you? We have hay next to us and our dogs itch a bit just before harvesting which is now over and new grass growing so they are fine again. We have to keep checking that we remove all the grass seed from them especially the terrier who collects a face full every walk! Good luck with Kira - maybe an anti histamine cream would help but your vet would know best on that I guess.

• cal
  • cal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Under Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #37896 by cal
Replied by cal on topic Re: itchy face
hi crackadog, no long grass were i let them run ,only long grass is on the side of the lane were walk to the field which council has not cut yet.But we do walk in the wood behind us which is full of tall bracken i wondered if this could be causing the problem.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds