• Katycatkins
  • Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago #37554 by Katycatkins
Lex broke his leg back in March. was created by Katycatkins
Hello there!

My dog, broke his leg back in March and now seems to be recovering well. However, I used to train him basic obedience (sit, down etc.) and a few tricks, but since the accident I haven't been able to, because it hurts him.

I need some help on helping his leg recover the best way possible (one person recommended massages and another, swimming) and also on choosing things I could carry on teaching him!

Lex is 3 years old, male and is intelligent. At the moment he can't sit, or lie down on command when he used to.

I hope this is the right board, sorry if not and I hope this all make sense!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #37555 by Vikingxc
Replied by Vikingxc on topic Re: Lex broke his leg back in March.
Some hydrotherapy might help him to get some strength and movement back

• verenav
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #37557 by verenav
Replied by verenav on topic Re: Lex broke his leg back in March.
What does you vet say? One of mine broke her knee as a pup(at roughly 4mths old) and it took forever to heal as she was so young and the bones were still growing. She did get homoeopathy, acupuncture and Tellington Ttouch basically as the only "tools" for her recovery- and leashwalks....Sitting is difficult for her and it takes her a while to ly down ever since- perhaps that is the way she grew up to learn it- but, she is going onto 8years now and still is a very playful and active girl who loves to hunt...What you could do with your boy, once he has healed out, might be something like tracking ( or "man trailing " as they seem to call it in Europe)- he seems like a dog who wants to do things and sitting/laying down might always stay painful/complicated for him. All the best to Lex!

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds