NEW Forum Bugs

• Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Is one ever enough?
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #8667 by Teratyke
Teratyke created the topic: NEW Forum Bugs
Please report any forum bugs here - looks like it going to be quite a list!

1) Emoticons not working correctly (Sally) - Should be fixed in next version
2) Can't split topic (Moderator)
3) Screen looks a bit squashed in category view (when you can see the new indicator).
4) New! indicator hard to read (I've fixed that, but I'm still putting it down!)
5) Multi Lurch is at large (Lurch, Lurch and Lurch) - Should be fixed in next version
6) Trying to moderate breaks everything! (Teratyke)
7) Avatar upload fails with images over 1MB (suerose)
8) Sometimes clicking 'latest member', breaks the page (Teratyke)
9) When not logged in forum still shows as online (AtticusRox)
10) Long words break latest posts module on front page (Teratyke)
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #8673 by Brodie
Brodie replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
Can't get Bum off chair to go walk the hounds (Wigster) LOL

Wigster n San x

More
11 years 4 months ago #8834 by CiCoch
CiCoch replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
JollyPoacher has multi logins too now !!! Lurch's bug is spreading !!!

More
10 years 2 months ago #24938 by Robb
Robb replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
Rob, just lately I've been experiencing some very long waits for pages to display. It's not my connection as other sites are fast if I open a new tab. I've also had quite a lot of error messages:

1. "remote server rejected connetion as you must be logged in to view this page" or something quite similar. This was when I was just going to the Home page.

2. I've also had the message "Cannot connect to MySQL.

Rob B

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #24940 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
Very slow page loads here too...worse for images... :huh:

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
10 years 2 months ago #24943 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
Robb wrote:

Rob, just lately I've been experiencing some very long waits for pages to display. It's not my connection as other sites are fast if I open a new tab. I've also had quite a lot of error messages:

1. "remote server rejected connetion as you must be logged in to view this page" or something quite similar. This was when I was just going to the Home page.

2. I've also had the message "Cannot connect to MySQL.

Hi Everyone -I am aware of problems with the site, but thanks for confirming. I also experience long page loading times. I'm looking into this with my host. The problem is though that shared server hosting (as this site is on) is relatively cheap, but capacity is limited - essentially we are sharing a server with hundreds (possibly) of other websites and they all impact on each other.

It does seem to have got considerably worse in the last couple of months, although its very hard quantify without some sort of baseline - which I don't have. Could it be linked to the chat component? That's about the only new thing in the last few months.

I've got a few options that I need to explore and one or two things I can try to speed things up. The reality may well be though that the site is now just so busy (60,000+ page views a month) that the site has out grown the hosting.

Watch this space (but don't refresh the page too often!!! :woohoo: )

Rob

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
10 years 1 month ago #25107 by Teratyke
hairybeasty wrote:

Very slow page loads here too...worse for images... :huh:

I've been working on the site this evening and I've been tweaking the caching on certain components and modules. This should speed the site up, although the cache life-time is only five minutes you may notice a delay when page content changes. Hard to explain and I' not sure what sort of problems might manifest - I've tested what I can, but please post here if you notice the site to be any quicker, or if you notice new problems. Good news is especially welcome - It seems quicker to me, but it could just be quieter at the moment....

Rob

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #25853 by Robb
Rob, in case you haven't noticed. Sometimes when a post is made it overflows from the top of it's table on the left side of the home screen right across the page pushing the centre column down.

It just happened with the "Re:Another Hello from Germany " posting and cleared after I posted a reply.

Ignore the above, I've just seen that you know what causes it.

Rob B
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Robb.

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
10 years 1 month ago #25854 by Teratyke
Hi Rob. Hope you are doing well.
It happens if there are " quotes in the title of a post. The module for the front page doesn't escape them out properly (its on the list!!) I just removed the quotes from that post.
Thanks for noticing though!
ROb

More
10 years 1 week ago #26674 by Vikingxc
Vikingxc replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
The site has been getting slower and slower for me over the last month and its now at the point that i have just about stopped visiting as i cant read anything properly unless i have hours to spend. I know the internet isnt the fastest in my village but this is the only site thats this slow on pc, two laptops and two phones

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 week ago #26681 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
Where we are in the wilds of Scotland we are 18 miles from the exchange and are at less than 1mb download speed...but the site is fast enough except for photos..they do take ages..wont keep me off though..what speed are you at Vikingxc?

More
10 years 1 week ago #26682 by Sid
Sid replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
We're a fair distance from the exchange as well - 512k's about as fast as it gets. Photographs take ages, but the rest of the site's fine.

More
10 years 1 week ago #26708 by Vikingxc
its been tested at just over 10 meg and everyother site is fine its just this one.Im also getting a warning that my username/password are wrong or that i havent registered yet when i log in but it still logs me in.

I just tested it and it took nearly 40 seconds from pressing enter to actually logging in and it took about the same to open this topic. I have tried deleting history/cookies and no change and like i said every other site works perfectly

More
10 years 1 week ago #26709 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re:NEW Forum Bugs
Hello,

We have in our village DSL (Digital Subscriber Line)
digital telephone technology and not problems with the load from the forum web site.
The transfer rate is 100 mbit/sec.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki

More
10 years 1 week ago #26715 by Vikingxc
Interestingly there was an hour or so that i kept getting an internal server error and couldnt access the site at all earlier and now it all seems ok and up to speed

More
10 years 1 week ago #26716 by Robb
I've got a reasonably fast connection (4MB) and often have problems. There are 3 main problems that I get:

1. Surver does not respond, browser times out.

2. Often on logging in I get an "Invalid Token" message.

3. Often I get "Server Error" message.

I'm sure these errors are down to the server being too busy rather than our connections. The web site (and others running on the same server) is a victim of it's own success.

Rob B

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.624 seconds