Edinburgh to St Andrews

• Lurch8252
  • Lurch8252's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Boarder
  • Open Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #37719 by Lurch8252
Edinburgh to St Andrews was created by Lurch8252
This is a long shot, but I do know that many of you live in Scotland. My son is playibng the St Andrews Links this week and arrives at Edinburgh on Weds morning. He was to travel with his Dad, but my father in law died suddenly on Saturday and his burial is on Weds in Ireland so a massive reorganisation has had to take place this weekend. I need to get my son fron the airport to St Andrews and would be greatful if anyone local can help by giving me info on coaches or trains. Taxi's are out of the question because they are just too expensive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #37723 by Elise
Replied by Elise on topic Re: Edinburgh to St Andrews
Hi Helen

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

I don't think there are any buses which pick up from the airport and then go into Fife. I think all your travel options will involve getting into the city centre then getting either a bus or train out.

Unfortunately St Andrews doesn't have a railway station. The closest is Leuchars which is about 5 miles away. Your son could get a bus into Edinburgh city centre and then get the train out to Leuchars then a taxi to St Andrews. That's maybe the most straightforward.

More how to get there options are on the St Andrews University web site which may help.

www.st-andrews.ac.uk/visi...ingtoStAndrews/

Sorry not to be of more help but unfortunately St Andrews is not the most straightforward place to get to by public transport. Once there though it's fairly easy to get around.

Good luck to your son for his competition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sid

• Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Open Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #37724 by Lurch8252
Replied by Lurch8252 on topic Re: Edinburgh to St Andrews
Thanks Elise, that seems the way to go, bus, train etc. Its all a nightmare at the moment and I know he is 19 but I am panicking about him doing the journey with golf clubs and luggage, poor little chicken!

• Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Open Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #37728 by Lurch8252
Replied by Lurch8252 on topic Re: Edinburgh to St Andrews
Update: he made it all on his own! so proud of him, because he had a 32kg golf club holdall, plus luggage. I gave him written instructions and he managed to get a bus to the bus station, to Ferry? something or other and then a bus to St Andrews. I gave him cab numbers thereafter to get to St Andrews golf course, he must have been worrying about it, I was!! I know, he is 19, but he is my baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elise

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds