Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!

• Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Is one ever enough?
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #33218 by Teratyke
Teratyke created the topic: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
I've had an email from the Commisionsing Editor of Easy Living magazine , Hannah Shuckburgh.
She is looking for a Deerhound and owner (women only for this I'm afraid) with a strong resemblance to each other.

They are shooting a piece featuring 5 breeds and their owners, they already have candidates for the Afghan Hound and Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier. More details here...

I am putting together a feature for our July issue all about women and their dogs. We are looking to celebrate the unique connection we have with animals, and I am producing a glamorous photographic portfolio of portraits of women who bear a very strong resemblance with their pets. It’s a strange (but universally accepted) idea that we like to own pets who look like us, but it seems to be true! We thought it would be wonderful to do a very glossy, glamorous shoot with five women and their dogs.

I know that Scottish Deerhounds have such a fabulous, unique look, and I wondered whether you might like to put any glamorous Scottish Deerhounds owners forward who might like to be part of the piece? We’d need to see pictures of them and their Scottish Deerhound together, if they could email them to me. If they’re suitable, we’ll arrange to shoot them in a studio in London (paying all expenses), providing a stylist, hair and makeup artist – and they would have a beautiful print to keep forever. I would then do a short interview with them about their special connection with their dog.

The shoot is to be next Monday the 28th so if you want to be considered please act now, either post your pictures on this thread, or email them to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your contact details, or email them directly to Hannah at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

It would be great to hear if anyone was accepted! I appreciate its not the normal sort of job for a deerhound, and it won't suit everyone, on the face of it though it seems good fun.

Thanks
Rob

ps I've sent Elise's photo in with Banrigh (revenge for her entering me to the CaniX!!!) but they don't look much alike, maybe I shouldn't have made her wear the collar...
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Is one ever enough?
More
7 years 4 months ago #33220 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
and here's the photo. I'm sure someone can do better.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

More
7 years 4 months ago #33224 by WendyS
WendyS replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
If you haven't got any takers it could be that too many of us are "women of a certain age" and Hannah did mention the word glamorous! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

More
7 years 4 months ago #33225 by KimC
KimC replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!

WendyS wrote: .... and Hannah did mention the word glamorous! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

If someone human is supposed to look like a deerhound, it would require some wiry spiky hair and sleepy eyes. I dont think that kind of women can be called glamorous.
I'd rather say they need to look like someone who can fly a broom.

More
7 years 4 months ago #33226 by Vikingxc
Vikingxc replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response neede
Thrres always the beard issue as well

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #33227 by stussy
stussy replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
My husband and Finn look very alike, both blonde tall scruffy, long haired and bearded :laugh:

But unless he has a sex change he isnt any good :laugh:
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by stussy.

• cassandra1260
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #33235 by cassandra1260
cassandra1260 replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!

When they said all expenses paid...I guess it's not for across the pond...too bad
But..I'm not sure I'd want that much grey hair...yet
Attachments:

• Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #33237 by Trowsahound
Trowsahound replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
This sounds like a lot of fun - but do I have to lie upsidedown on the sofa wearing only a collar with horse poo stuck in my teeth? :laugh:

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #33258 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
You could always come and do that at my house...:laugh:

• Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #33262 by Trowsahound
Trowsahound replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• hairybeasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #33263 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
;) ;) :silly:

More
7 years 3 months ago #33283 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!
What a shame it isn't open to men! We always say in this house that Kevin looks like Murphy (grey Hair) and I have Border Terrier colour hair :laugh:

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds