Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed!

Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 10 months ago #33218

I've had an email from the Commisionsing Editor of Easy Living magazine, Hannah Shuckburgh.
She is looking for a Deerhound and owner (women only for this I'm afraid) with a strong resemblance to each other.

They are shooting a piece featuring 5 breeds and their owners, they already have candidates for the Afghan Hound and Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier. More details here...
I am putting together a feature for our July issue all about women and their dogs. We are looking to celebrate the unique connection we have with animals, and I am producing a glamorous photographic portfolio of portraits of women who bear a very strong resemblance with their pets. It’s a strange (but universally accepted) idea that we like to own pets who look like us, but it seems to be true! We thought it would be wonderful to do a very glossy, glamorous shoot with five women and their dogs.

I know that Scottish Deerhounds have such a fabulous, unique look, and I wondered whether you might like to put any glamorous Scottish Deerhounds owners forward who might like to be part of the piece? We’d need to see pictures of them and their Scottish Deerhound together, if they could email them to me. If they’re suitable, we’ll arrange to shoot them in a studio in London (paying all expenses), providing a stylist, hair and makeup artist – and they would have a beautiful print to keep forever. I would then do a short interview with them about their special connection with their dog.

The shoot is to be next Monday the 28th so if you want to be considered please act now, either post your pictures on this thread, or email them to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your contact details, or email them directly to Hannah at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

It would be great to hear if anyone was accepted! I appreciate its not the normal sort of job for a deerhound, and it won't suit everyone, on the face of it though it seems good fun.

Thanks
Rob

ps I've sent Elise's photo in with Banrigh (revenge for her entering me to the CaniX!!!) but they don't look much alike, maybe I shouldn't have made her wear the collar...
  • Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
  • Thank you received: 193
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Teratyke.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 10 months ago #33220

and here's the photo. I'm sure someone can do better.
  • Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
  • Thank you received: 193
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg and Yoki

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 10 months ago #33224

If you haven't got any takers it could be that too many of us are "women of a certain age" and Hannah did mention the word glamorous! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
  • WendyS
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 10 months ago #33225

WendyS wrote:
.... and Hannah did mention the word glamorous! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

If someone human is supposed to look like a deerhound, it would require some wiry spiky hair and sleepy eyes. I dont think that kind of women can be called glamorous.
I'd rather say they need to look like someone who can fly a broom.
  • KimC
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 314

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response neede 6 years 10 months ago #33226

Thrres always the beard issue as well
  • Vikingxc
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 57

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 10 months ago #33227

My husband and Finn look very alike, both blonde tall scruffy, long haired and bearded :laugh:

But unless he has a sex change he isnt any good :laugh:
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by stussy.

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 9 months ago #33235

When they said all expenses paid...I guess it's not for across the pond...too bad
But..I'm not sure I'd want that much grey hair...yet
  • cassandra1260

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 9 months ago #33237

This sounds like a lot of fun - but do I have to lie upsidedown on the sofa wearing only a collar with horse poo stuck in my teeth? :laugh:
  • Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 161

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 9 months ago #33258

You could always come and do that at my house...:laugh:
  • hairybeasty

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 9 months ago #33262

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Trowsahound
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 161

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 9 months ago #33263

;) ;) :silly:
  • hairybeasty

Re: Look like your Deerhound? Quick response needed! 6 years 9 months ago #33283

What a shame it isn't open to men! We always say in this house that Kevin looks like Murphy (grey Hair) and I have Border Terrier colour hair :laugh:
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.937 seconds