Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Two deerhounds free to good home!!

Two deerhounds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18624

www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets...02576B1005BE11A

I dont know how old the add is, but worth looking in to.
  • chook
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 246
Jane
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by chook.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18626

Surrey area, just wondering whether they are Hindsight dogs. Shame there are two, I would have taken one on, just haven't got room for two.
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder
  • Thank you received: 169

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18627

Ive mailed to try and find out a bit about breeding etc... i would love another, but 2 may be pushing it :(
my poor husband, he was just leaving the house when i said oh by the way theres 2 deerhounds that need rehoming :laugh: he just said okaaaayyyyy where will i sleep then :laugh:
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18629

I think mine will divorce me if I bought 2 home, one more is pushing it, but I would get my way as I work hard and my dogs are my life/hobby etc, he has golf :(

If you do find out about them can you let me know, especially ages etc. Thought it strange, that considering the are emmigrating, they didn't know how to spell it! I wonder how many forms they have filled out with it written on top! Sorry, me being perdantic!!! (Sp) :laugh:
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18631

hahaaa not just me who noticed 'imigrating' then ;) :laugh:

I will find out what i can and post up for anyone whos interested :)

I would love to take one, but i really cant have 2 but we shall see, they have probably allready been homed anyway :(
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18632

You never know - as finding a home for 2 is harder than just 1,
they may split if they know there going to be with other hounds.
  • chook
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 246
Jane

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18633

Don;t understand why all of you are dithering, for god's sake take them! One or two really is no big deal, if you really want to, everything, well almost everything is possible.
Don't understand why these people bring them back to their breeder, so that they can rehome them. Makes you wonder about the breeder and the owners. The breeder of my deerhounds has made me swear to bring them back to her, should anything happen.
  • Bonnie
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18634

Most breeders are only too pleased to be contacted when any of their pups needs to be rehomed, and it's usually in the contract of sale that that's what's to happen if the new owner can't keep the dog for whatever reason. However, some people are reluctant to contact the breeder and there's no way to ensure that they do.
  • Sid
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 87
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Sid.

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18635

Im going to give them a ring in a moment ;)
Was just waiting for oh to get home to see if he really is ok with it - he says its up to me :laugh:
ive been off work and unable to walk far at all for 2 weeks, so i have to make sure hes happy as hes in charge of exercising the gang at the moment :laugh:
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18640

I agree with Sid, all responsible breeders would record in the contract of sale that the breeder must be contacted if circumstances changed & they could no longer keep the animal. However I know of a breeder who was contacted by someone who had just purchased a bitch without papers from someone. This person also informed the new owner that the bitch had breeding restrictions placed on it by its breeder & only the breeder could lift the restriction through the KC.
The New Owner contacted the breeder to negotiate the lifting of the restrictions but they knew nothing of the bitch being re-sold (breaking a signed agreement). Neither the KC, the bitches breeder or the new owner were able to contact the registered owner as they had moved & changed their contact details soon after the sale of the bitch
(it was not a deerhound, but still bad news) :angry:
  • Brodie
  • Limit Boarder
  • Thank you received: 606
Wigster x

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18643

I totally agree that the breeder needs to know, and if they havent advised the breeder and are under agreement to, then thats very sad :(
Im trying to find out more about them so i hope someone on here will know who to tell ;)
It worries me hounds going into the wrong hands, altho ive had lurchers for many years i have only been a DH owner for 6 months but im utterly under the spell :laugh: and these special dogs need watching over ;)
As i say im trying to find out what i can about them, ive left phone messages and emails so i hope someone will get back to me
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18645

Good for you! Do take them, we (I assume I can speak for each one us chatting on this site) are anxious for them to be rehomed in a reliable and deerhound or other hound loving family. The thought of these poor little things falling prey to god knows who is decidedly unpleasant!
  • Bonnie
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18647

Hi, I would love to take on another Deerhound but only looking for an oldie. Be watching to see more about these two
Hi had 2 deerhounds so far last lovely girl passed away 2007, was a Brylach. Miss her so much. Now have a puppy from Nell MacBean, Killeoter Quern (Cuillin). He was born in September 2011, has been shown lightly but Crufts qualified 2013. Co owned with my good friend Debbie MacIntyre

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18648

I'm sure the breeder would like to know what's happening to them. No one likes to find out that a pup they bred has been moved on. Keep us posted.
  • feldandjack
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18649

as soon as i find out anything i will let everyone know ;) ive mailed and left several phone messages - been trying to get through all afternoon with no reply :(
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18650

these 2 are imported dogs not sure from where and he does not want to seperate them. Guy is portuguese so maybe that is why he misspelt immigration. He is having a tough time deciding what is best for these hounds. I have spoken to him and also pointed out that there are a lot of people out there who will want them for the wrong reasons and he is very aware of this.
Stussy - maybe he is not responding ATM as they are making a very difficult decision and just need time to get their heads round it.

Of course - I may be totally wrong ;)
  • houndy
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by houndy.

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18651

Glad they still have them and they obviously do have the hounds best interests at heart :)

I dont suppose you found out what ages/sex they are?
  • stussy
  • Post Graduate Boarder

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18652

i girl, i boy aged 5 + 6. Dont know if they are neutered/spayed
  • houndy

Re:Two deerhonds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18654

Ooh Houndy, I have a feeling you will be filling your petrol tank up very soon!!!

They are not that far from me, about 50 minutes, I just cannot take 2 though and cannot have a bitch in the house because of the terrier and his attitude, he will think she is his and will fight to prove it, we had this all before when a grehound bitch came into our home, the lurcher and terrier who had been together since tiny puppies used to fight like mad, well the terrier did, the lurcher just protected himself, I had to rehome the terrier in the end to friends on a farm, shame, he was a nice dog.
  • Lurch8252
  • Open Boarder

Re:Two deerhounds free to good home!! 4 years 9 months ago #18667

Any more news on the rehoming front? I dont have a deerhound at moment just some oldie chineses crested and a gordon setter, all very dog friendly. I could only take one though and if they not willing to split them?! Much harder to rehome 2 together.
Hi had 2 deerhounds so far last lovely girl passed away 2007, was a Brylach. Miss her so much. Now have a puppy from Nell MacBean, Killeoter Quern (Cuillin). He was born in September 2011, has been shown lightly but Crufts qualified 2013. Co owned with my good friend Debbie MacIntyre
Moderators: Joerg and Yoki
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds