NEW Features Wanted

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #8836 by Teratyke
NEW Features Wanted was created by Teratyke
Heres a list of things to do for the site - some of them may never happen, or I haven't been able to do them for some reason - however I'm open to suggestions.

1) User Map (CiCoch) Under Investigation - problems.
2) Polls in forum (CiCoch) Coming Soon all being well.
3) Spell Check (suerose, wallace) Under Investigation.
4) Reorganise the Directory (Teratyke) Thinking about it.
5) Chat Room (Purple) Under Investigation - problems.
6) Integrate forsale section to forum (Teratyke) In Progress.

Things recently added..
1) Discuss articles in forum (add comments below any article) Mar 09
2) if you post a link to a youtube video it will be playable directly in the forum. Mar 09
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #9468 by Purple
Replied by Purple on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Hi Rob, is there any way of adding more details to our profile page? Maybe a write up about our dogs, a bit about ourselves or maybe a photo album.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #9507 by Sid
Replied by Sid on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Teratyke wrote:

Heres a list of things to do for the site - some of them may never happen, or I haven't been able to do them for some reason - however I'm open to suggestions.

  1. User Map (CiCoch) Under Investigation - problems.
  2. Polls in forum (CiCoch) Coming Soon all being well.
  3. Spell Check (suerose, wallace) Under Investigation.
  4. Reorganise the Directory (Teratyke) Thinking about it.
  5. Chat Room (Purple) Under Investigation - problems.
  6. Integrate forsale section to forum (Teratyke) In Progress.
  7. Enhanced user profile, gallery etc(Purple) Under Investigation.
Things recently added..
1) Discuss articles in forum (add comments below any article) Mar 09
2) if you post a link to a youtube video it will be playable directly in the forum. Mar 09


Spellcheck? Yes, please. I constantly embarrass myself by my crap typing, especially when I'm using the Mac and peering at the screen.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
11 years 6 months ago #9508 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Purple wrote:

Hi Rob, is there any way of adding more details to our profile page? Maybe a write up about our dogs, a bit about ourselves or maybe a photo album.

Hi Tracy
More like a facebook page? I think it is the way to go too. I've looked at it before, but couldn't make a decision about which software to use, its a pretty big change to the site. I'll add it to the list. Good idea though- glad you brought it up.
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Ardneish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #10776 by Ardneish
Replied by Ardneish on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
You can download this to your browser bar for spelling I use it all the time as I am dyslexic and a bit thick ;)

www.iespell.com/download.php

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #19519 by CiCoch
Replied by CiCoch on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Hi Rob,

Any developments on the RFEs ?

Still looking to do Polls ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
10 years 8 months ago #19520 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Hi Steve
It is on the way. The forum component of this site is under constant development (see www.kunena.com ). I was just checking earlier this week and the polls feature is due in the next major release (however, that could be months).
We can do polls, but not integrated into the forum - I would have to set it up for you. I'm more than happy to do that, I'd need you to send me the question, and answers. You could then link to the poll page in a forum post.
You can see the sort of thing we can do at the moment - kind of hidden away in the right column when you are in the videos page (top menu) is a poll about size and quality of videos.
Well let me know what you think/.
Thanks
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #19545 by CiCoch
Replied by CiCoch on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Teratyke wrote:

Hi Steve
It is on the way. The forum component of this site is under constant development (see www.kunena.com ). I was just checking earlier this week and the polls feature is due in the next major release (however, that could be months).
We can do polls, but not integrated into the forum - I would have to set it up for you. I'm more than happy to do that, I'd need you to send me the question, and answers. You could then link to the poll page in a forum post.
You can see the sort of thing we can do at the moment - kind of hidden away in the right column when you are in the videos page (top menu) is a poll about size and quality of videos.
Well let me know what you think/.
Thanks
Rob



Hi Rob , thanks for this.

One I was thinking of recently was ...

What is your Deerhound to you:

1. A Pet
2. A Showdog
3. A Hunter
4. 1 & 2
5. 1 & 3
6. 1 , 2 & 3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #19551 by Ironstone
Replied by Ironstone on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Hello Teratyke
What I'd most appreciate is the ability to preview my picture posts before hitting "submit" and learning too late that I've messed up...again. ;)

Ironstone Deerhounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
10 years 8 months ago #19577 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
Ironstone wrote:

Hello Teratyke
What I'd most appreciate is the ability to preview my picture posts before hitting "submit" and learning too late that I've messed up...again. ;)

I know its a real pain the picture thing. Its just awkward isn't it? The next version of the forum software should improve on this, but I'm not sure when that will be. I always try to keep everything on the site upto date, Im upgrading various parts on a weekly basis, so as son as there is an improvement I'll let you know.
I have just installed a new feature to enable uploading of photo's - but its not linked to the forum as such. More a means of sharing collections of photos. I'm not best sure how to put this to use at the moment though.

Thanks for the feedback though.
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
10 years 8 months ago #19580 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
CiCoch wrote:

Teratyke wrote:

Hi Steve
It is on the way. The forum component of this site is under constant development (see www.kunena.com ). I was just checking earlier this week and the polls feature is due in the next major release (however, that could be months).
We can do polls, but not integrated into the forum - I would have to set it up for you. I'm more than happy to do that, I'd need you to send me the question, and answers. You could then link to the poll page in a forum post.
You can see the sort of thing we can do at the moment - kind of hidden away in the right column when you are in the videos page (top menu) is a poll about size and quality of videos.
Well let me know what you think/.
Thanks
Rob



Hi Rob , thanks for this.

One I was thinking of recently was ...

What is your Deerhound to you:

1. A Pet
2. A Showdog
3. A Hunter
4. 1 & 2
5. 1 & 3
6. 1 , 2 & 3


Steve. PM'd you regarging this. Thanks Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #36952 by saorsa
Replied by saorsa on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted
It would be great if the forum was compatible with Tapatalk.
Lots of people use smart phones to browse the net, might help attract more users as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #36957 by Joerg Yoki
Replied by Joerg Yoki on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted

saorsa wrote: It would be great if the forum was compatible with Tapatalk.
Lots of people use smart phones to browse the net, might help attract more users as well.

Good idea Saorsa, but I do not know if this is so simple.
I think our administrator Rob can say more.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: saorsa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Trowsahound
  • Trowsahound's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Post Graduate Boarder
  • Post Graduate Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #36984 by Trowsahound
Replied by Trowsahound on topic Re: NEW Features Wanted
The only thing I would put on the bottom of that list is-

Have a cup of tea
and
put feet up.


Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #36985 by crackadog
Replied by crackadog on topic Re: NEW Features Wanted
That's good advice Trowshound. Thanks for all you do running and developing the the site Rob.

We used to able to see where other folks lived, which was good if one wanted to meet more DHs for a walk or a deerhoundy coffee/chat. Now the location section often says unknown - is that just a privacy thing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #36986 by Lurch8252
Replied by Lurch8252 on topic Re: NEW Features Wanted
I think i is a privacy thing, when people sign up they don't always add where they are....shame. But, I'm in Bushey and if anyone wants a cuppa then my kettle is on!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 7 months ago #37006 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re: NEW Features Wanted
Yeah like lurch8252 said. You can choose not to put in your location.
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 7 months ago #37007 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted

Joerg and Yoki wrote:

saorsa wrote: It would be great if the forum was compatible with Tapatalk.
Lots of people use smart phones to browse the net, might help attract more users as well.

Good idea Saorsa, but I do not know if this is so simple.
I think our administrator Rob can say more.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)


I did look into this before. Can't remember what the issues were.
I'm due to do a bit of an upgrade on the site. A few things have got out of date, so hopefully this will be possible in the new version.
I agree though, it would be good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saorsa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #37032 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic Re:NEW Features Wanted

Joerg and Yoki wrote:

saorsa wrote: It would be great if the forum was compatible with Tapatalk.
Lots of people use smart phones to browse the net, might help attract more users as well.

Good idea Saorsa, but I do not know if this is so simple.
I think our administrator Rob can say more.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)


Hi the forum should now be TapaTalk enabled. I've not yet tested it though. I'm just going to downlopad TapaTalk for my iphone and have a play. It would be great if any seasoned tapatalk users could try it though and let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Rob

Sorry not quite there yet - I have to list in the tapatalk directory first - almost done...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 7 months ago #37034 by Teratyke
Replied by Teratyke on topic NEW Features Wanted
This is posted from my iPhone using tapatalk. Wow really great. Thanks for the suggestion. Let's see if a pic works.


---
I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?yidswv
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki, saorsa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum