Web links

• hairybeasty
  • hairybeasty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #19592 by hairybeasty
hairybeasty created the topic: Web links
Hello Rob sorry to be a pain again but how do you set up a link between this site and an external site? I have been asked to show pictures and most are on our own website. Rather that transferring them manually it would be useful to have advise in the site questions section...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Teratyke
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #19605 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Re:Web links
Hi hairybeasty
The directory (top menu) is the place for links (there is an overhaul of this in the pipline to tidy up and adjust the categories).
Its free for any relevant site to list in here - you don't even neeed to link back here although incoming links are always very welcome.

You can also put a link to your site directly in the thread (as long as its relevant - spam links gets removed).

You can put a link to your site in your forum signature.

You can put a link to your site in your forum profile (appears as a little globe under your avatar picture).

Documentation is on the mega list of things to do - I have started, but its always on the back burner I'm afraid. I know i need to do it...

Let me know if you need help doing any of these things - post it here and I will reply in public for the benfit of anyone else with the same problems - I could start on a faq perhaps.. this could be the first.

THanks Rob

ps
Heres a tip for posting picuters, or lots of pictures.
This links the picture from your site and means that you don't have to upload - you do need to know the url of your image though.
Click this button...(at the top when posting)
then enter the image url (you can skip the size box) - then click insert. Your image will show in preview now. AND you can post multiple pictures per message.

The text in your message should look like this..
[img]http://www.cusidh.co.uk/images/stories/misc/Hallaig2.JPG[/img]
and would produce this...
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds