× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK

• Ironstone
  • Ironstone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limit Boarder
  • Limit Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #41951 by Ironstone
Ironstone created the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK
This has come to my attention and as I am in Canada I cannot do much in the way of follow-up. Does anyone have information on this dog?
www.pets4homes.co.uk/clas...sunderland.html

Ironstone Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #41952 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK
Ironstone

I have just seen this on Facebook and it seems that someone from Deerhound Rescue is on the case! Some people ey?
The following user(s) said Thank You: greycloud

More
4 years 3 months ago #41955 by longdog
longdog replied the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK
I think it is very wrong to judge someone when you do not know the circumstances.

More
4 years 3 months ago #41956 by KimC
KimC replied the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK

longdog wrote: I think it is very wrong to judge someone when you do not know the circumstances.

Did anyone judge?

Nice hound btw. If he wast so far away, I'd been there.

More
4 years 2 months ago #41970 by Lurch8252
Thats probably because I said 'some people ey'? You are right in a way about judging, but what I meant is advertising free is probably not the best way to go about it, you never know where he would end up and with whom, some bad people out there, the dog has probably been very loved and looked after and yes, they may have problems where they can't keep him, all very sad, however, offering free wouldn't be in the dogs best interest.

longdog wrote: I think it is very wrong to judge someone when you do not know the circumstances.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodhranlady

More
4 years 2 months ago #41971 by greycloud
greycloud replied the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK
I replied a while ago, to a post about someone giving away a deerhound, that I didn't feel that it was right not to ask something for it as a 'free' dog often attracts the wrong kind of person.

It was you Lurch who replied that even if someone paid a lot of money they could still mistreat it. So, I think you need to make your mind up about what you are saying and I did think you post was being judgemental.

More
4 years 2 months ago #41972 by greycloud
greycloud replied the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK
I posted a reply to a thread on someone giving away a deerhound, that I didn't feel it was right to offer dog 'free' as it could attract the
wrong kind of person and it was you Lurch who attacked me by saying that even if someone paid a lot of money they could still mistreat the dog.

Maybe you would like to decide what it is you are saying as it seems that you change your opinions as you now seem to be saying the opposite. And BTW I think your comment was judgemental!

More
4 years 2 months ago #41975 by Lurch8252
Thank you! I have never attacked anyone on here, or anywhere for that matter. Your comment relates to, if I remember rightly, someone asking on a Deerhound forum, to rehome a friends Deerhound, for free. (the clue is in the word Deerhound) I do remember replying to a comment you made that whether dogs are sold or given away they can still be abused, however, the person was actually asking in the right place and not advertising on Pre Loved like this post refers to. My point was/is how many horrible dog fighting people scan the web for bait dogs? My 2nd point being how many of these people would think to look on a Deerhound form.

• Ironstone
  • Ironstone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Limit Boarder
  • Limit Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #41978 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: Someone has a free deerhound to good home in UK
Thank you for this caution Lurch. It is upsetting to imagine dogs used for bait purposes. Makes the blood boil.

For the record when you said "some people eh" I thought you were poking a bit of fun at we Canadians' habit of ending our sentences with "eh?" Made me laugh!

I am now missing the forum days when Hairybeasty always had something funny or outrageous to say. No taking ourselves too seriously when he was about!

Ironstone Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lurch8252

More
4 years 2 months ago #42017 by Lurch8252
thank you Ironstone, yes we need a bit of fun in this world!! I didn't know Canadians said ey after every word, funny australians do something similar, but I cant remember what it is, I will have to ask my sister, shes an aussie.

I too miss HairyBeasty, he was very funny.

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.780 seconds