× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

Toby and Rene

• DeniseM
  • DeniseM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Puppy Boarder
  • Puppy Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #41762 by DeniseM
DeniseM created the topic: Toby and Rene
Hi All
I'm a new member and a regular visitor to the site for my fix of all things deerhound.

I first met deerhounds through Clare at Cusidh whilst involved with a greyhound and lurcher rescue and now have a lifelong love of this magnificent and very special breed. I was lucky enough to adopt a pup from Clare in 2005, Pilgrim was the most wonderful companion and friend, we lost him very suddenly at 6yrs old and not a day goes by when I don't think of my wonderful big lad. I know a day will come when we will visit Clare again looking for another pup but until then we have our small family of rescued hounds. We currently have two lurchers Anya (adopted from Clare) and Echo, ex racing greyhound Kizzie and we are also fostering greyhound Mickey for local charity the Greyhound Awareness League.

My reason for posting in this section is to ask your help in finding a home for Toby and Rene two 7yr old deerhound x’s who I heard about whilst visiting my family in Yorkshire. They were handed in to a rescue centre in December by their owner who had to move into rented accommodation.

The rescue is keen to keep them together and find a home willing and able to adopt both Toby and Rene, they realise this is going to be difficult given their age and size and are aware it could take some time for the right home to come along. They did try separating them initially in the belief it would improve their chances of finding a home sooner but Rene became distressed and stopped eating. They are now back together sharing a kennel.

The info on the rescue website is as follows:
Name: Rene TO BE RE-HOMED WITH TOBY
Breed: Deerhound Cross
Sex: Female
Name: Toby TO BE RE-HOMED WITH RENE
Breed: Deerhound Cross
Sex: Male
Arrived 18th December 2013
Large dogs, Rene and Toby are looking for a new home because their owner is moving house. They have lived with other dogs and a teenage child although we are told that they are good with all children. They walk really well on a lead, one person can easily take both dogs for a walk at the same time.

If you or someone you know may be able to offer Toby and Rene a home please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.
Many thanks
Denise

Denise
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki, greycloud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #41781 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Toby and Rene
Hello and welcome Denise in the Scottish Deerhound forum.

Many thanks for your interesting informations.

I hope Toby and Rene can find fast new home.

Best regards
Joerg and Yoki + Lucy dh:) dh:)

More
4 years 3 months ago #41784 by greycloud
greycloud replied the topic: Toby and Rene
Hi Denise - these 2 dogs are very beautiful and I really hope they find their forever home very soon. There must be someone out there that needs 2 deerhound x's dh:)

More
4 years 3 months ago #41787 by maggiemac
maggiemac replied the topic: Toby and Rene
Hi Denise, what a lovely pair of DHx`s , I`m sure someone will offer them a forever home, good luck!

More
4 years 3 months ago #41789 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: Toby and Rene
Has WBY seen this? He started a thread about a week ago titled Hello. Said he was looking for a deerhound cross. Perhaps he could give a home to these two lovelies.

Ironstone Deerhounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joerg Yoki

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.603 seconds